“New, good German food.”
Review of Bodensee

Bodensee
Ranked #6 of 71 Restaurants in Helen
Cuisines: German, European, Central European
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Brunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Centrally located with complimentary parking for all of our guests.
Raleigh, North Carolina, United States
“New, good German food.”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Really enjoyed authentic German schnitzel. Diverse menu, something for everyone. Owner is very attentive & kind. We will be back in October.

Atlanta, Georgia
“Excellent food”
Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

Great food. Everything was hot and freshly prepared. My hubby and I shared a sampler platter for two (more than enough food for us). My son had a steak and my daughter the chicken cordon bleu. All of the food was very tasty.

We wished that they had more draught beer selections, but my hubby and I each found something we liked from the limited menu.

The interior of the restaurant was ordinary. It could have been any type of nice restaurant. The waitresses wore german costumes similar to what you might see on Halloween.

The service was excellent. Tanya, our waitress was cheerful, prompt, kept the drinks refilled, and made good recommendations.

If we returned to Helen, we would eat there again.

Visited July 2013
Jacksonville, Florida
“Average Food”
Reviewed July 21, 2013

My wife and I ordered the 3 Wurst combo and the Hungarian Goulash. The Gulash was a simple beef cooked in a tomato sauce. The spaetzle was a little cold and dry. My sausage combo wasn't just OK. One of the sausages was WAY over cooked and looked it. I would have never served it in my restaurant.

Most food places in the area know that tourists may come here once and then never again. Food quality can be lacking.

Atlanta
“Delicious”
Reviewed July 16, 2013

The food here is delicious. Perfectly prepared and presented. I would have expected to pay more than what we did for this kind of meal; and these kind of portions. The service was top-notch. If you order steak, the chef has created his own sauce for it that is so good you'll want to put it on everything.

Orlando, Florida
“Food disappointing”
Reviewed July 16, 2013

My husband &I wanted authentic German food & were terribly disappointed. Being from Kiss. FL. We experienced far better & authentic german food at Epcot's Germany (Disney World). For desert we ordered the Black Forest & again disappointment, however; the service was the best.

1 Thank Marguerite B

Been to Bodensee? Share your experiences!