“Excellent, Authentic Food”

Bodensee Restaurant
Ranked #9 of 75 Restaurants in Helen
Cuisines: German
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Centrally located with complimentary parking for all of our guests.
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Excellent, authentic food and very friendly owner and staff. Nice patio area. Live music in the evenings. The homemade desserts are a must!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,622)

Reviewed July 14, 2013

Great service, excellent food. The best dining experience we've ever had in Helen and we've been there many many times. Authentic German food and beer.

Reviewed July 12, 2013

On our first night in Helen we went out for German food. The owner was there and was hosting. Our server was good but it took forever to eat, apparently there was a large party present during our dinner and the server kept coming back and apologizing for the delay in service. My dish was Ok, never had stroganoff with pickles in it and there was a lot of it !!! My husband enjoyed his food a lot, a German dish with sausages and all the appropriate sides. The ambiance is not what I expected , I was hoping for a German atmosphere which is not there, I'm familiar with it since part of my family is of German background. For the food served I think the prices are too high.

Reviewed July 11, 2013

We came here while on a girl scout trip to Helen. It was a great experience. None of us had much experience with German food, so we didn't know what to expect. The food was delicious! We loved everything we ate! The favorites at the table were the pork schnitzel and the chicken cordon bleu. I absolutely recommend this place!

Reviewed July 9, 2013

Our waitress was out of it on the night of our visit. Appetizer's came before our wine and beer, and we had to ask for cutlery. When my wife's wine and my draft beer came, we were told that the reason for the delay was that they had run out of two kegs of beer. Why they did not bring my wife's wine and then tell me the problem, I do not know. The appetizer of Brie cheese in foil was certainly different because of the mushrooms, zucchinni, onion and green beans that were cooked with it, but it was good. Our waitress brought out a basket of bread and said that it was the last bread in the restaurant that night, and it was only around 8 PM. Our dinner was very good and enjoyable.

The down side was when our waitress dropped a bottle of beer at my feet spraying beer and glass every where. My wife got a cut on her foot from the flying glass and I got beer over my feet, legs and raincoat. My wife asked for and received a band aid for her cut. The owner was two tables away when this occurred and did not seem concerned. she finally got up and came to help cleanup after another waitress came to get the glass up off of the floor. We were never offered apologies, to comp our cocktails or even a dessert on the house. The owner wanted me to stand back away from the table so she could squeegee the floor of the beer with no apologies.

Very poor guest relations. Food good, service terrible.

Been to Bodensee Restaurant? Share your experiences!