“Wow! What a surprise”

Bodensee Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 76 Restaurants in Helen
Cuisines: German
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Centrally located with complimentary parking for all of our guests.
Reviewed April 4, 2013

This was recommended when the 1st place we went to wasn't serving dinner. We ordered the Haus Platter which included 2 sausages, a pork chop, sauerkraut, and german potato salad. We shared the platter and ordered French onion soup also. The soup was the best I've ever had from anywhere! The chef makes all of the dishes from scratch and it shows. I had expected to wait a while for our dishes to arrive, knowin this... but was pleasantly surrprised when our dishes arrived in 15-20 minutes. Great food, wonderful service, we'll be back again.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,561)

Reviewed April 4, 2013

The food was perfect and the drinks were very inexpensive. It came highly recommended and we feel the same after trying the food!

Reviewed April 4, 2013

A large group of friends and family had dinner here. Opinions of the food ranged from excellent to "ok". Service was fairly good, especially since they were busy. Atmosphere was ok, but a little crowded. Somewhat pricey for some items. Worth trying once, if you are visiting Helen, and really want German food.

Reviewed April 3, 2013 via mobile

Ate here for lunch from trip advisor. Nice selection of German food. I had the babarian pork snitzel with a onion cream sauce with spatzel. Both were delicious. The special came with a house salad( raw thinly sliced cabbage, cucs, tomato & their house dressing of garlic dill) very garlicky but good. The pork was tender. Best I've had. Husband had the garlic wurst was awesome. Came with fried German potatoes& kraut. Apple strudel for dessert. It was our least favorite. In our opinion too much coconut. Would come back here again in a heartbeat.
Service was fast and Ashley was very attentive . Nice job.

Reviewed April 1, 2013

My wife and I ate at Bodensee in mid March. We hade a great meal. This is tru authentic German food...as advertized. Alos reccomended buy our Hotel manager. Great beers on tap. I had the Mixed plate - all house made - smoked pork chop (slightly over cooked), bratwurst and garlic sausage with a delicous sourkraut. My wife had a huge smoked torut that she thought was one of the best trout dishes she has ever had. Melted in her mouth. We split the potato pancakes to start. All in all a real great meal and service.

Been to Bodensee Restaurant? Share your experiences!