“Best wine around!!”

Habersham Vineyards & Winery
Ranked #7 of 41 things to do in Helen
More attraction details
Owner description: Habersham Winery has been producing award winning Georgia wines since 1983 and is one of Georgia's oldest and largest wineries.
North Port, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Best wine around!!”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

My husband and I went for a wine tasting and came away with five bottles of wine!! It was excellent!!

Visited September 2012

Dothan
61 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 48 helpful votes
“Good selection”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Samples were good and the wine was inexpensive. Take your time sampling and make sure you eat a cracker in between tastes.

Greenville
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Good wine, unconcerned hostess”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

It was okay. The wine is good, the concern of the host/hostess is lacking. The place is a little unkempt, kind of an unscale country store where you can taste wine.

Visited November 2012
Columbia
“Wonderful Winery”
Reviewed October 23, 2012

This is the first place I stop when going to Helen, Georgia. I love the wines from this area and usually take an assorted case home. My significatant other purchase the most exquisite wine rack as a christmas gift for me and they delivered to my home in SC. There is not another like around. I've purchased canvas artwork which was very resonable. I especially like the Reisling wine from this area, but it is not always available. But I do enjoy the Scarlet, Chardonney, Chalet White, Rose' and Merlot. My family looks forward to me opening a bottle for holidays and give as gifts. The cashier was pleasant in helping to accommodate the packing of 10 bottles in individual bags and then into a 2 bottle carring bag. We were driving a small car and had limited room. Make sure you go during the week because they are closed on Sunday. And yes..the tastings are free. I've been going there for 15 years.

Helen, Georgia
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Go to Ingles...”
Reviewed October 11, 2012

We bought some of their wine from ingles the night before and loved it, so we started to stop by, after looking around and gawking at their accessory prices, we realized that their wine was more expensive there than other places you could by it. I'm pretty sure that means the free tastings aren't really free... We didn't wait for the line to go down to taste; we just left and had fun at the antique place beside the winery.