“dont waste your money here”
Review of Castle Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Helen
Castle Inn
Ranked #3 of 5 Helen B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 4, 2010

this place did not have a lobby,,you had to check in at one building and drive down the road to the motel..once we got there,,the parking lot was horrible..people that worked at the lounge under the motel, were standing around,in groups,smoking,and did not look at all friendly.then, we had to walk up 2 flights of stairs,no air flowing at all..very hot ! then, we get to the room,,the terry in the bathroom,was mismatched and dingy,,tub still had previous guests hair in the tub. no extra toilet paper..and to top it all...NO TELEPHONE,, this is a huge security risk, no wifi, for 80.00 we got ripped off,..in no shape of form is this anything like a castle.

Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank sissy_rgm
CastleInnHelen, Manager at Castle Inn, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2011

We are very sorry to hear you had this experience. We strive to provide a quality experience for every guest. We have recently made some upgrades to the Hotel and appreciate your feedback so we may make a better experience for future guests. Thank you for allowing us to serve you and we apologize for letting you down.

Reviewed June 26, 2008

The Carpet was dirty and the balcany had blood drops on it( I GOT THE PICTURES TO PROVE IT) and had not beenCLEANED in weeks if ever, 40 steps to the room and the THE BAR across the street kept us up until 1 oclock in the morning only good for wild party goers

MY mother got sick fron the perfume sprayed onTHE CARPET and we are just glad to be away from that place( WORSE NIGHTMARE)

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank havingfunCairoGa_

Thank you for your feedback. We value feedback, even negative feedback, as it points out areas for improvement for our future guests. We have made some upgrades in the Hotel as well as cleaning and housekeeping improvements. We apologize for your experience.

Reviewed January 6, 2008

May family stayed in the Castle Inn in December, and we thoroughly enjoyed our visit. I was a little nervous about making reservations after some of the reviews, but I am so glad I took a chance. We stayed in room 211, and I couldn't have been more pleased. My 5-year-old felt like a princess staying in a castle. The hallways are painted to look like castle walls, and the rooms themselves are very elegant. We had two full-sized beds, good for our family of 4. The bathroom was lovely, and the room was very clean. I am very particular about cleanliness in hotel rooms (I wipe down all handles, remotes, lightswitches), but I could relax in this room with my toddler touching everything.
You need a code to open the door to the upstairs hallway, and this made me feel very safe.
The location is perfect. Instead of letting my children use the public restrooms, I could easily take them back to our room. My toddler was ready for bed long before we were, but we didn't have to miss out on the fun. My hubby & daughter went back out to window shop, while I enjoyed hot chocolate on the balcony and took in all the lights, sights, & smells. It was not very noisy and I kept my balcony door open halfway to watch my sleeping toddler. I enjoyed hearing the live soft 80's rock coming from somewhere below( possibly the Troll Tavern?) I could see the river as well as the shops.
Parking was no problem, either. I was treated very well at check-in and was allowed to go up to my room before 1p.m. My room had been used the night before, and I know they must have made it a priority to clean my room first. These are all non-smoking rooms, which is a plus for me.
The stairs were steep, but that was to be expected. There is a room on the corner that includes the castle's turret and has a fantastic view of the river , and I hope that room is available when I stay in Helen again! We come to Helen yearly, and we have definitely found our favorite hotel!

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled with family
5  Thank SouthernSAHM
Reviewed December 29, 2007

Booked room in October, just finished my stay (12/26-12/29). First off, I was not told I would be charged for the entire stay in advance (found out on my November CC statement) and was not told that there would be an extra $10.00 per day charge for my 9 year old son (which they charged me for at check-in). With that being said, I must say that I enjoyed my stay at the Castle Inn very much. I stayed in the suite (one bedroom with full kitchen, living room and private balcony) and it was beautiful. Nice colors, comfy furniture, more like an apartment than hotel room. I had to purchase my own paper towels (there were none) and extra toilet paper (bathroom only had one roll in it), which was not so bad but would have been nice if it were better stocked. The rental agency is located down the street, so there is no one at the hotel to ask for things. The fireplace that looked SO nice on the website had a big sign on it when we got there that said "Do NOT Use the Fireplace". I was pretty bummed about that as I had dreamed of sitting by the fire during my winter stay. Oh well. Be prepared to keep your car in the parking lot if you are lucky enough to find a space! If you move it, you may lose it!! There were lots of people parked illegally in the Castle Inn guests only spots, so be aware of that. Also, there is a two story climb up to the rooms from the parking lot (only one story to climb if you enter through the front entrance). Not the easiest thing to do when you are lugging bags and suitcases up and down to your room. There is music playing at night either downstairs at the Troll restaurant or across the street at Paul's Steakhouse, so if you are a light sleeper, this may be a problem for you. There is also a $5.00 key deposit (when are these older places going to stop doing that already??). The view from our suite was fantastic! Overlooking the river on one side and the downtown/main st. on the other side. Mountain views from balcony were amazing and watching the fog roll in over them last night was gorgeous!! The Troll Inn food was good, but overpriced. If you are interested, I have a written a review about them as well. Over all, my stay was very nice and I would definitely consider staying there again for future visits. Just make sure when you call to have them give you the TOTAL of your stay (in writing) so there are no suprises, like I had, and be sure to ask them how and when your card will be charged. I will be adding some pictures and links to video of Helen and the hotel, so check back soon. Just wanted to get my review in ASAP as to not forget anything.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled with family
8  Thank TravelDragonFl
Reviewed November 5, 2007

My husband and I just got back from Helen and we stayed at the Castle Inn. Let me start by saying that the hotel is not correctly represented on their website. When we arrived at the offsite location to check in they didn't have our reservation correct. They had my name and the price of the room wrong. When I called to make the reservation I confirmed the rate and ask if the pictures on the website of the decor was current. I was assured they were. The staff pretty much called me an outright liar and told us that because it was the last weekend of octoberfest that we were going to be charged a much higher rate. ( I checked their website today and they have removed the rates) The staff then told us that we could turn down the reservation but it was up to us. We ended up staying because it was late in the afternoon and we had just drove 3 plus hours to be there. When we got to the room it was not decorated as pictured as. We were kept up all night by the Troll Traven customers and employees. The tavern was underneath our balcony. We could also here everything that went on in the hallway and ajoining rooms. Parking was a huge problem. We had to park in the parking lot with 14 spaces and like the other reviewer we were told if the lot was full we could park in one of the pay lots next door. However there was a space available in the small lot but it was literally in the front terrace entrance of the traven. Long story short I would not recommend this hotel to anyone. For this to be a small family owned business they don't care if their customers are staisfied. I always thought that was the first rule of business.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled with family
4  Thank djc05

Thank you for your feedback. We would like to take the time to apologize for your experience and to tell you about some improvements we have made for future guests. The parking is now for Castle Inn guests only, as well as upgraded room features and housekeeping improvements. We thank you for allowing us to serve you and sincerly apologize for your negative experience.

Reviewed April 15, 2007

I had to cancel my reservation with several weeks notice, and got charged $35 for cancelling. Frankly, that is shocking enough to me to figure I'd best drop a note and warn folks.

Stayed: April 2007
3  Thank evanthx
Reviewed December 18, 2006

I have stayed at the Castle Inn before and was surprised at what a wondeful stay we had again. The hotel was right in the center of everything and the river was beautiful from our balcony. We will return and suggest everyone stay there. Thanks,Susan

• Stayed: December 2006, traveled as a couple