I booked this room from the recommendations on this website for 3 nights. We had never been to Helen and went up on our motorcycle for some riding in the mountains. I booked a room with a fireplace and king bed. When we checked in we were assigned room 300 on the 3rd floor. When the elevator door opened we could hear the ice machine 10 doors down! Of course it was right across the hall from our assigned room. Well we've traveled enough to know that we don't want to stay next to the ice machine or the elevator. We asked to have our room changed. They were happy to change the room but explained there were no other fireplace rooms available. That we could upgrade to a suite to even get another king. We opted to pay the extra for a king. The room was nice and having the bed in a bedroom with a door that closed insured a quite sleep through the night and early morning. The bed was very comfortable and the linens were nice.
We did get the feeling that they were aggravated with us for being "picky" but we have had those other experiences that made us smarter. The place is very clean and homey. It really is more like a bed and breakfast atmosphere. We are not into that arrangement much so I don't think I'd stay here again, but just because of that.
The breakfast was really outstanding for a "continental" type breakfast. There was plenty to offer and everything was neat and clean. We did enjoy being able to bring breakfast to our room before we went out riding.
They also have a washer and dryer on the 2nd floor which really came in handy to do our laundry half way through our trip.
We sat on the front porch and enjoyed our drinks we made. There is a liquor store right across the street and a country store just down the street that has everything you could possibly imagine.
We checked out after 2 nights because there just wasn't anything going on in Helen. It was so quiet and it rained quite a bit to hamper the riding in the area too.
I would recommend this place to anyone traveling to or through Helen. They do try to accommodate and make you feel welcome. The pool is great and open until midnight with the last hour for adults only. Parking is good and you can walk to all the stuff downtown without any problems.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Want the best? Then stay with the best. Thank you for viewing our beautiful Country Inn & Suites of Helen, Georgia. We are in the North Georgia Mountains and centered in the Bavarian Town of Helen, Georgia. We are located in the center of downtown Helen. Walking distance to the shops, putt putt golf, tubing, Bigg Daddy's, the Hayloft...and the Helen Festhall. Our hotel is ready and willing to accommodate groups, families, honeymooners, senior travelers on a road trip....we are here to make sure what ever the reason you are here in Helen, we are here to accommodate YOU! We have a variety of room types such as a standard king or double queen, suites are both king and double queen, our fireplace rooms are very cozy during the fall and winter months, add some romance to your trip and check out our Jacuzzi rooms, we also have a handicap accessible room as well. Our loving rooms each include...micro/frig, coffee maker and iron/ironing board. Take a dip in our indoor heated pool or hot tub. Are you watching your figure....enjoy a good workout in a fitness room. Complimentary coffee, tea, hot cocoa and cookies in the lobby. Enjoy reading...check out our library, everything from children's books to novels. Let's not forget the FREE full hot breakfast... biscuits, sausage gravy, fruit, cereal, eggs, sausage, potatoes, juice, coffee, milk...you never know what Ms. Shari is going to fix for breakfast. Excellent customer service agents here to assist you in anything you need. Our staff is proud to accommodate you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Carlson, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Helen reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Country Inn & Suites Helen Hotel Helen
- Country Inn And Suites Helen
- Country Inn Helen
- Helen Country Inn