Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Helen, GA
$125
Holiday Inn Express Helen(Helen)(Great Value!)
$124
Baymont by Wyndham Helen(Helen)(Great Value!)
$99
Hampton Inn Helen(Helen)(Great Value!)
$149
Hampton.com
Heidi Motel(Helen)(Great Value!)
$90
Quality Inn Alpine Helen(Helen)(Great Value!)
$72
$63
Riverbend Motel & Cabins(Helen)(Great Value!)
$99
  • Free Internet
$104
$170
  • Pool
TripAdvisor
All reviewscookiesfireplace roomfriesindoor poolbreakfast was excellentevery morningrocking chairshot tubfree breakfastclean roomsbiscuits and gravywithin walking distancehot breakfastin towngreat place to stayfront desk staffone night stay
Reviewed December 27, 2009

The bedding was very comfortable the staff was friendly. Based on previous reviews, I requested a room on the the parking lot side away from the bar next door. It was nice and quiet at night and the city center was only a short walk away (saving the parking fees). Breakfast was a nice benefit included in the cost. Another neat perk was a heated indoor pool. Perfect after a hike in Unicoi.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MICTAM
Reviewed November 15, 2009

Been to Helen with the Hubby a couple times now. It's a good place to shop, eat, and relax. We both hate German food, but that doesn't stop us from having a blast. The hotel is next door to a bar/grill. There was some karaoke going on til about 1 am, but once we turned the fan on it wasn't bad at all. We aren't the type to let a little music ruin a getaway. We arrived at the hotel at 11 pm and got the last room available. We looked at the Super 8 and I would rather sleep in my car than stay at a place so so so run down. We are very simple people, but I wouldn't let my dog stay there. Yes Super 8 is that bad. We stayed at the Best Western in April 09 and I would say the Country Inn and Suites is one star above there. Both are pretty comparable though. The hotel also has a indoor pool and hot tub. Breakfast is avergage Eggs, and Grits, Bagels, Yogurt etc. The beds are comfy and the ROOMS ARE CLEAN. Staff is a little air headed. But that didn't affect my stay at all.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 20, 2009

We were on a road trip and decided to stay in Helen, GA since it seemed safer then staying somewhere along the highway. While driving over there I checked tripadvisor on my iphone for reviews and this hotel had the best reviews of all. We arrived at the hotel and booked the room on the spot. I might add that while the gentlemen at the front desk was not mean, his attitude was a little cold and dry which made me feel awkward. We went to our car to get our belongings and when we come back (literally 5 minutes later) we were told the power was out. We went up to our room where we had power (apparently for only a while). We went out and walked around Helen (which was another disappointment because it looks a lot nicer just driving through it, it is actually quite cheesy). When we got back from walking around the power was still out, this time the whole building. We decided to drive along the scenic highway for a couple of hours to kill time. I feel that having booked a hotel I shouldnt have to kill time but whatever. When we got back around 8pm the power was back on. In my opinion they should have offered us a discount or a voucher or something to repay us for the HUGE inconvenience of no power. I understand it was something the hotel could not control but they can control their customer service and everyone staying there should have been offered something to compensate. I thought it was all over until I was awoken out of deep sleep at 11:00pm with a very loud and bright flashing fire alarm. The noise stopped after a few seconds but the bright flashing light continued for about 10 mintues. As a result, we slept horribly. We didnt even get an apology by the staff in the morning.
On another note, I thought the room was clean and comfortable albeit very old fashioned compared to most hotels nowadays. The hotel seems to be stuck in the late 80's early 90's era.
As I wrote before, the hotel had no control over the power situation and I do not judge them by that but I do judge them on the way they handled the situation, which was poorly.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
3  Thank LCJ82
Reviewed August 18, 2009

I too was duped by other reviews. This place is a dump. When we arrived there was no power to the hotel. Three hours later (and no discount on price), the power was finally restored. I found it completely amazing that the cleaning staff was cleaning rooms in the dark. Once we finally entered our room we found it to be extremely dirty. Bits of food stuck to the walls, black stains on the carpet, dirty wash cloths and a huge area of mold on the ceiling in the bathroom where the tub in the room above had apparently overflowed at some point. (Ever heard of Kilz?) The walls are very thin as we could hear two people in the next room carrying on a normal toned conversation. I have stayed at cheap $35 a night motels that were kept up better than this place. As other reviewers mentioned, the staff was very nice, but I usually don't stay at a hotel for the niceness of the staff. I expect a room of this price to at least be clean. Needless to say my excitement of coming to this quaint town was completely ruined by the condition of this hotel. This place should be ashamed to use the Country Inn & Suites name.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
8  Thank RoadTripMama_46
Reviewed July 25, 2009

We stayed at the Country Inn & Suites in Helen Georgia in July. We have stayed here before and had a wonderful stay. We paid a high price for our room as it was over the 4th. of July weekend. We arrived late in the afternoon. We had just enough time to shop and have dinner. Our room was very nice but in the morning we had no water. We waited an hour to see if we would have any and anything that came out was mud. We could not shower, my husband could not shave, we could not even brush our teeth or take our pills. I called the front desk and they said there was nothing they could do about it. It would have been nice if they offered us a bottle of water to take our pills and at least brush our teeth. We paid well over a 100 dollars for the room and got nothing but a bed to sleep in. We did not get the service we paid for. Kindness and consideration is what makes people come back for a return visit. We did not find either at this hotel but we did pay our bill in full for services we did not recieve. There was not as much as a "I'm sorry for your inconvenience" but they were right there to charge us for the room.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple