“Excellent location in Helen GA”

Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Helen, GA
Ranked #1 of 18 Hotels in Helen
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed May 18, 2009

Rooms were average size and clean. TV was a bit outdated. Everything was nice. It did have an indoor pool and hot tub. We used the hot tub but the jetsd were quite weak. The breakfast had the usual cold items plus sausage, gravy and real scrambled eggs. I would stay here again. The rates were $90 which was about right for the room we had but this was the off season and in 3 weeks or so the rates could go up.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank clemson_grad79

Reviewed April 23, 2009

Within walking distance to all attractions but not on the main road. My husband, 4 year old son and I stayed here. Don't have any complaints. Everything was in tip top shape. Plan on staying here again when we go back.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed April 18, 2009

We stayed 2 days and it was wonderful. Front desk staff very friendly and helpful with cookies and peppermints upon arrival. Rooms very clean and beds EXTREMELY COMFORTABLE!!! The heated pool and hot tub were perfect tempature. The breakfast was AMAZING!!! Best breakfast I've seen at these hotels...sausage, scrambled eggs, biscuit and gravy plus more. Highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed April 14, 2009

My family and I stayed here for one night on the way to Gatlinburg. We chose it because it was the #1 reviewed hotel on TripAdvisor, and we were so glad that we did! Our room was ready early, the staff was friendly, the room was clean, and we even had free internet, a huge free breakfast, and a very nice indoor pool.
The hotel is within walking distance of all the attractions in Helen. We went to Charlemagne's Kingdom, the Black Bear Forest, the Troll tavern for dinner, played mini golf, and took a horse drawn carriage ride...all in one evening! It was great. I definitely recommend this hotel & area!

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed March 18, 2009

I was 15 when I came to this hotel, and loved every minute I was there. The rooms were great, the pool was so much fun, and the gyms were awesome. I would definitely recommend this hotel to any family travelling, or anyone for that matter.

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled with family
Reviewed July 15, 2008

I chose this hotel because of the good reviews on this site and I wasn't disappointed. The room was large and clean, the bed was a little hard but not bad. The pool area and spa were pretty standard with a nice outdoor patio attached. The location was just a few blocks walk to most of the restaurants and activities in town. You couldn't park much closer during busy times if you drove to them. The breakfast was nice with several hot items along with the usual continental type fare.
The outstanding thing about this facility was their front desk staff. We had some car trouble during the stay and they went out of their way to be helpful. We had to extend our stay by a day and they acted like this was no problem at all, likewise I suffered some abrasions on my shins while tubing the Chattahoochee and the kind lady at the desk broke out the first aid kit upon first seeing me without my even asking. They went out of their way throughout the stay to make us feel welcome and at home. I really can't say enough good about these folks, but only repeated thanks.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
2  Thank docinla
Reviewed April 21, 2008

The Country Inn & Suites at Helen is a pretty nice hotel. It is clean and well kept, and the clerks at the front desk were always friendly and helpful. My only complaint about this hotel is that the bed in our room was so incredibly hard that my husband and I awoke every morning and couldn't move without a large dose of ibuprofen and a hot shower to work out the kinks (and it wasn't because we were overdoing it, we were taking this trip to relax). Besides that point, I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled as a couple