This hotel exceeded our expectations on every level and I don't have anything but positive comments to write, but we did go when the hotel was very quiet (as US kids have gone back to school). On arrival, we were a little annoyed with ourselves for booking a hotel without a balcony (but this was our mistake) as the weather was great and it is always nice to have outdoor space when you have three children sleeping in the room. I approached the subject with the reception staff and discovered that none of the rooms have balconies which is a real shame, but they did offer to move us to a different room which provided us with a lounge space - perfect! It was a delightful room with plenty of space for five of us. Fantastic customer service as we were over the moon with the upgrade. We will definitely stay with Comfort suites again purely on this basis!
The breakfast was more than substantial and something for everyone. The gentleman running the breakfast room was jolly and polite and running around keeping everything moving.
The kids loved the free cookies in reception and I always love having coffee on tap. A really nice touch for a relatively inexpensive stay.
This hotel has a rustic and charming feel to it and is only a short walk into the main town. We really enjoyed our stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Want the best? Then stay with the best. Thank you for viewing our beautiful Country Inn & Suites of Helen, Georgia. We are in the North Georgia Mountains and centered in the Bavarian Town of Helen, Georgia. We are located in the center of downtown Helen. Walking distance to the shops, putt putt golf, tubing, Bigg Daddy's, the Hayloft...and the Helen Festhall. Our hotel is ready and willing to accommodate groups, families, honeymooners, senior travelers on a road trip....we are here to make sure what ever the reason you are here in Helen, we are here to accommodate YOU! We have a variety of room types such as a standard king or double queen, suites are both king and double queen, our fireplace rooms are very cozy during the fall and winter months, add some romance to your trip and check out our Jacuzzi rooms, we also have a handicap accessible room as well. Our loving rooms each include...micro/frig, coffee maker and iron/ironing board. Take a dip in our indoor heated pool or hot tub. Are you watching your figure....enjoy a good workout in a fitness room. Complimentary coffee, tea, hot cocoa and cookies in the lobby. Enjoy reading...check out our library, everything from children's books to novels. Let's not forget the FREE full hot breakfast... biscuits, sausage gravy, fruit, cereal, eggs, sausage, potatoes, juice, coffee, milk...you never know what Ms. Shari is going to fix for breakfast. Excellent customer service agents here to assist you in anything you need. Our staff is proud to accommodate you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz and Hotels.com so you can book your Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Helen reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Country Inn And Suites Helen
- Country Inn & Suites Helen Hotel Helen
- Country Inn Helen
- Helen Country Inn