“Great family fun”
Review of Cool River Tubing

Cool River Tubing
Reviewed July 23, 2013

We had a great day tubing and riding the fun waterslides. Great price and pickup. Clean bathrooms. The waterslides need some grip on the steps up but still fun.

All reviews
in 15 reviews
"on the rocks"
in 19 reviews

Reviewed July 23, 2013

I chose Cool River Tubing over the other tubing company in town because I wanted to ride the bus before the trip down the river instead of after. And I'm not a big fan of pink. Check in was simple and inexpensive and we were issued properly sized tubes and life vests were made available if we wanted them. The bus was clean and comfortable enough for the short ride to the other side of town and the driver was friendly and helpful. The ride was fun and not challenging, though since the water was low when we went we were glad to have purchased a push stick. You can bring a broom handle or similar sized stick with you and avoid the expense. The first time we went I took my 4 month old child and never felt he was in danger, yet there were enough runs of light rapids to keep us interested. Go on a week day to avoid the huge crowds! I have used only Cool River, so I can not compare to other companies. Our experience was so good we have returned each summer and plan to go again this year. Perhaps we'll try their water slide this time around!

Reviewed July 22, 2013

Tube at your own pace and go all day.. Beautiful river and great scenic views. Great family activity.

Reviewed July 20, 2013

We did this twice while in Helen. If we had more time there would've been a third. Great time. The water was definitely cool, but with the sun shining it felt great. Bring a stick or rent a stick to save u from getting stuck in the river banks.

1  Thank isismommy
See more reviews
Reviewed July 19, 2013

Tubing with Cool River is great fun for young and old alike. It has been a very rainy season in the southeast so water levels are high. On our first morning in Helen, Cool River Tubing did not operate because the river was flowing too fast. Other companies in the area continued to operate. Because one in my party did not swim and needed a life jacket, I respected the fact that Cool River put safety above profit. We were able to complete our trip later in the day - it took only 45 minutes. Normally this is a 2 hour trip. It's great fun and if you have children or young teenagers, you can also purchase tickets to the water park. You take a bus up the mountain for launch - about at the half way mark, you will see the water park. You can leave your tubes on the bank and use the slides, there are also snacks, etc. You're gonna love this!