Tripadvisor
Helen

“In my Top 3 All Time Best Pizza joints!”

The Nacoochee Village Tavern & Pizzeria
Ranked #11 of 68 Restaurants in Helen
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Delicious pizza and a unique salad. These folks know what they are doing. The spinach & bacon salad was big enough for 2 to share and was loaded with bacon, fresh shaved cheese, beets & boiled egg. They do something that I have only seen in Charleston and that was the boiled egg had been soaked in beet juice before it is served giving it a beautiful coLor!
We had The Big Cheese but instead of the herb oil, we added red sauce. The pizza is loaded with Parmesan, mozzarella, ricotta, roasted garlic and we added 1/2 pepperoni. The pizza is lightly sauced (which I prefer) It was sooooo delicious! I highly recommend this place on your next trip to Helen!

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (932)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

My husband and I were in Helen for the day. As a vegetarian I was counting on only eating potatoes and pretzels due to all the German food. I was so happy to find this tavern as they had many vegetarian choices. Luckily the large crowds had just left and we were able to grab a seat at the bar. Rachel was an excellent bartender and gave us great suggestions on the menu. We had the hummus and eggplant appetizer then a margarita type pizza. Everything tastes very fresh and homemade. The pizza dough wasn’t thick and was very tasty. We will be coming back in September and look forward to eating here again!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

After a chilly hike we stopped in for lunch and loved this place. The service is attentive without being overbearing. Free popcorn gets you started while looking over the extensive menu of appetizers, sandwiches and pizzas. There's a full bar with lots of local beer and wine, a few TV's if there's a game. The pizza was excellent; hand tossed thin crust topped with local items as available. Tasty sauce and no fuss about substitutions or half this-half that. Great service, great pie. Eat here!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We went here during the holidays season. Town was crazy busy, yet the service was still excellent. Even more importantly, it was truly the BEST pizza I have ever had. Husband and three kids (14, 12, and 10) all felt the same. I can highly recommend!

Date of visit: December 2019
Reviewed January 17, 2020 via mobile

I ordered 2 pies from here, one cheese and one supreme. They were delicious. My kids ate almost the whole cheese pie by themselves. It was about $40.00 for the both. I would definitely recommend it.

Date of visit: January 2020

Been to The Nacoochee Village Tavern & Pizzeria? Share your experiences!