“Peanuts are a hit! ”

Fred's Famous Peanuts
Ranked #4 of 31 Shopping in Helen
Reviewed July 8, 2017 via mobile

We loved it and stopped on two days. We took bags of boiled peanuts tubing down the river for a great snack. The fried peanuts were so delicious and addictive. Grab an extra bag cause you're gonna want them later.

All reviews
in 11 reviews
"homemade"
"jelly"

Reviewed July 4, 2017 via mobile

My friends and I were enjoying a girls' getaway and noticed the sign for boiled peanuts on the way to Anna Ruby Falls. We decided we'd stop on the way back and caught them shortly before closing time.

I am not a fan of boiled peanuts but promised my friends I would give them one more try. There were plenty of different samples to enjoy, and I thought the peanut brittle was very tasty. The boiled peanuts were better than any I've had before, and perhaps with time I could grow to like them if I lived in the area.

However, my two friends are boiled peanut connoisseurs and declared them delicious and very reasonably priced. In fact, one friend said they were "the best she'd ever eaten" so we sat in the parking lot so she could enjoy them while they were still warm since she was driving.

Sadly, we missed the "old folks" (life size soft sculptures) I would assume because it was almost closing time. We would recommend a stop to anyone who loves peanuts!

1  Thank CZiegler04
Reviewed June 28, 2017 via mobile

Some of the best peanuts I've had. Also pork skins, peanut brittle, pecan brittle and cider. If you are in the Helen area you need to make sure to check Fred's out you will not be sorry

2  Thank Randy M
Reviewed June 13, 2017

Not only were the treats amazing but the service was great as well. Hope to go back soon! Best boiled peanuts and the peanut brittle was amazing! Came by several times on our visit to get more...

See more reviews
Reviewed March 30, 2017 via mobile

Fred was full of southern hospitality and offered tons of samples. Everything was delicious from the boiled peanuts to the peanut pecan brittle and the homemade marinade. I believe everything that he sells is homemade. We ended up buying the Homemade Peach Jam and the Homemade Brittle. The atmosphere is so country and cozy. We will definitely be back!

1  Thank LaurenSWilliams