“Always worth stopping- no matter how many times you've been there!”

Fred's Famous Peanuts
Ranked #6 of 30 Shopping in Helen
Reviewed March 30, 2012

Stopped there twice in the 3 days we were in the area. This kind of place represents all that is right and good in the world! OK, maybe that's an exaggeration, but I just can't say enough good things about Freds. Family business, friendly folks, beautiful location, quirky fun things to look at inside and out, and REALLY good boiled peanuts (and I've tried a lot)! Being in a place like this just makes me feel good. What else could you want from a roadside stop? I wish Fred's (at least) another 30 years of success!

3  Thank Mark B

Reviewed September 27, 2011

this is a small store by the road as we drive from Anna Ruby Falls back to downtown Helen. They have really good ciders and pecans. we always stop by this store when we visit the falls.

2  Thank Manny-Kaye G
Reviewed June 23, 2011

Read reviews on TA before our trip, and 'lo and behold Fred's was on the way to our cabin! We made a point to stop there after tubing one day and there was a polite, sweet older gentleman who like another poster stated was offering us free samples of pretty much anything we would of asked for, thing is, we didn't have to ask b/c he offered! The peach cider was wonderful. We ended up purchasing boiled peanuts and their pralines, both were so very good! I took pictures of interesting articles and stuffed animals within the store and no one seemed to mind. Very friendly folks at Fred's Famous Peanuts! Will absolutely go back!

2  Thank Pheadlady
Reviewed June 21, 2011

I thought that based on actual reviews and brochures I saw that that this would be some kind of country store to roam around in......it's a tiny roadside stand...but they do have a neat assortment of goodies. Bought some peach nectar and both cajun and plain fried peanuts - all great. The friendly mom & son on duty when we were there were great, offering free samples on pretty much anything we wanted to try. I only gave it an "average" review based on how tiny it is....certainly not someplace to plan a trip to...BUT...if you are close by check it out and you will enjoy some great homemade snacks you don't find everyday.

Reviewed June 24, 2010

Fred's was a nice stop in Helen. It's a small stand with a lot of personality. Not a bargain. We parked around the side and were welcomed by a chicken and rooster - really fun.

3  Thank EllyManny

Been to Fred's Famous Peanuts? Share your experiences!