“Wonderful staff, wonderful location”

Helendorf River Inn and Conference Center
Ranked #5 of 18 Hotels in Helen
Cordele, Georgia
“Wonderful staff, wonderful location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2013

My husband,our 3 parrots and I have stayed at the Helendorf for years during Octoberfest. We look forward each year knowing we will see the hotels friendly staff. Our room is always walk in ready and immaculate. We are always in a riverfront balcony pet friendly room and Alice always makes our day special with her attentiveness and sweet smile. The hotel has been upgraded with some truly amazing renovations that only enhanced its charm. We love the location, we never need our car because everything is within walking distance. I have recommended the Helendorf to many of our friends and the ones that went were not disappointed, they enjoyed it as much as we always do. We are planning to return in late spring.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (229)
Orlando, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2013

We ended up booking this room last minute. We were very happy they had a room for pets. The room itself seemed outdated but it was a great location and convenient stay during Oktoberfest. The lady at the front desk was also very nice! It didn't stand out but we would probably stay there again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Spartanburg, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2013

The location is perfect. Everything in the town is within walking distance of the Inn. It is cozy and completely charming! The service is great, at all hours. Everyone there is so nice and accommodating. Just outside your balcony there is a wonderful patio area right on the river to relax and enjoy the beautiful scenery. You can grill out there if you don't want to leave the Inn to eat. We stay here every time we come to Helen. Stay once and you will too!

• Stayed October 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013

My wife and I planned an overnight get away to Helen and we chose to stay at the Helendorf because of the location and the supposed amenties. Internet access was an absolute must during the hotel selection due to job requirements. My wife reverified with the hotel the day prior to our stay that they had internet access. When we got to the hotel, the staff was very polite and check in went smooth. Once up to the room, we got settled in and I attempted to connect to the internet, no such luck. I called down to the front desk and the girl asked if I had my computer on the table against the wall? She said "that's where the best signal was at"!!! Are you kidding me? I did as she asked and still the signal was so poor that it would not connect, even by the wall. Then she acts like I don't know what I am doing and wants to come up and connect the computer up for me. After this condescending remark, I assured her that I knew what I was doing. They offered us a cheaper room with a better signal and in my questioning I found out that the signal is very weak in the suite and they blamed it on the Internet service. My question, if you knew this before hand, and my wife and I both emphasized the importance of internet service, WHY DID YOU NOT TELL US THE TRUTH?!?! The cost of your suite was about $200 a night, about 30% more that renting other suites in town. I would NOT have stayed at your hotel if you were HONEST and stated that the internet signal in the large suite was weak at best. And while my wife was in the lobby, she heard two other people complaining about the internet and getting their rooms discounted because of it. As for the suite, nice lay out, remotes didn't work for the two TVs, the bed was hard and worn. The location was great but all the good does not out weigh the dishonesty and deception.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank RangerMac
Fort Myers Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2013

2nd year to visit the staff was just as friendly as last year. The hotel is situated in the middle of town so everything was within walking distance. Our room was very large and near the elevator so I could get my mother's wheelchair in and out. The only trouble we had was the tub was a bit tricky to get my mother in an out of but the room was wonderful. If you go during Oktoberfest the Festhalle is literally at the back door of the hotel so it is just a short walk to the event (which is a must when you are there)! The beds were comfortable and the view was lovely!

Lexington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2013

We stay at the Helendorf every year during Oktoberfest and the hotel is great, comfortable(the beds could be a littleore comfy) but the view, staff and amnenties make up for that. A beautiful view of the river with a redone patio area for picnics, playing and time together with the whole family.

Thomson, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

We stayed in the Helendorf Inn for the October fest and it was great. The best location it is right beside all the shops, restaurants and intertainment..You can't go wrong here. Everyone was so nice. We had the BEST HOUSEKEEPER EVER !!! Her name was LOLA... She went above and beyond to see that everything was the way we wanted .The room was spotless and smelled so clean and fresh . We had our very hairy Dog with us and the great thing about LOLA was that you never seen his hair anywhere in the room. Thank you for making our vacation stay great. We had a awesome time. I love the decks out in front of the rooms where you can sit and enjoy the river it was so peaceful and beautiful. GREAT PLACE !!!

Room Tip: The view. The pet rooms are very quiet