“River Front”

Ranked #5 of 19 Hotels in Helen
Georgia
“River Front”
Reviewed September 16, 2013

We stayed in a river front patio room. This is the first time we stated in this type of room. We had a room and walked out the back door and to the steps leading to the river. We had a patio table with four chairs and we met some nice people. We made new friends in just a few hours of sitting outside. My husband played his guitar and the people in the other rooms came to listen to him play. We love the river front patio room. I will stay in that type of room every time that I visit this hotel. The staff was very helpful and friendly. We came in early and they let me pay and do the paperwork so that we could park in the parking lot and visit the town.

Room Tip: River Front patio room because you can walk right to the river. You can sit and enjoy the sound of t...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank GeorgiaBubblegum

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (236)
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Best still. Love the river front balcony,No Wi-Fi that was a let down but I'm positive they'll correct that, they are so attentive about their customers, need more of a selection on the breakfast but all in all always awesome and the best place to stay.

Room Tip: River from balcony.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Waterloo, South Carolina, United States
Reviewed August 26, 2013

After reading reviews, I decided not to stay at Helendorf during my recent visit. I did stop by just to compare the reviews vs hotel.
We were greeted by a very friendly staff, I asked to see a riverfront room. We were taken to a very nice room. It was clean & spacious. She apologized for the musky smell that was in the room. The smell was very bad! on top of that I could smell pet urine,,,,the room was not a pet friendly room.The attendant stated that they had been doin a lot of upgrading but she name areas like the front desk, hallways, carpet....etc. & They were getting around to the rooms a few at a time. Maybe they need to focus on the carpet in the rooms or at least cleaning the carpet.
I would consider staying at the hotel but would request a room upfront that doesn't smell musky as I have bad allergies.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Tammy P
Reviewed August 21, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for our honeymoon in a large suite. They were able to accommodate us, my family and friends with all of our rooms being close. The staff here is really dedicated to making your stay the absolute best experience. We were asked several times by the front desk, housekeeping, and maintenance if we were having a good time and if we needed anything.
Our room had a great view of the river and I really enjoyed sitting on the balcony that morning with my coffee. It is such a peaceful and relaxing environment.

• Stayed July 2013
Reviewed August 7, 2013

My husband and I have stayed here 3 times--so far. The hotel staff has been excellent, helpful, and always friendly. The rooms are decorated to the style of the hotel and are very clean. The hotel is being renovated with nice woodwork. The pool feels cozy and private. And you can play in the river behind the hotel. Also, it is only 1-2 blocks from everything. Very nice place to visit! :-)

• Stayed August 2013
Houghton Lake Heights, mi
Reviewed August 1, 2013

My family stayed at the Helendorf July 25th thru July 28th, 2013 for our family reunion. It was awesome! The only problem we experienced that I am aware of was the internet access. That just made us spend more time actually communicating!! We have already considered coming back in a few years! The staff was very attentive to our needs and I think they actually enjoyed seeing how much fun we were having!!
Tracy Pardue Smith
Venue Organizer-Pardue Family Reunion 2013

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Pell City, Alabama, United States
Reviewed July 29, 2013

We; the bride and I, followed by a family, have stayed with the fine folks at the Helendorf for over 20 years now. It is a fine down home experience with an excellent location adjacent to the Chattahoochee River. All of the “main” attractions in Helen are an easy walk from the hotel. The staff has always gone above-and-beyond to ensure that our special needs (i.e., kids, pet(s), multiple families/friends, etc.) are always met to ensure our satisfaction during our stay. Our only request is that we have another twenty years plus to visit our friends at the Helendorf.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family