“Best place in Helen”

Helendorf River Inn and Conference Center
Ranked #4 of 19 Hotels in Helen
Reviewed June 10, 2013

This hotel is the best in town. Clean, convenient, friendly and accommodating staff, family owned and run since its inception. Has the best riverside relaxation area in town. Cant say enough good things about this place. You wont be disappointed. Its Helen, GA at its best.

Room Tip: Riverfront Patio. Most expensive, but there is a reason for it.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Helendorf River Inn and Conference Center

Reviewed June 1, 2013

For a relaxing experience in downtown Helen Ga this is the place to stay, however if you are on a tight budget you may need to look elsewhere, that said it's like anything else in life you do get what you pay for. The staff was top notch, friendly, courteous and treated us like family. The convince to the downtown can not be matched, we parked the car and did not need it again until it was time to leave. Just outside the hotel property are several great restaurants and a short walk a crossed the bridge are several more, downtown shopping and a couple of very nice night clubs. The room we were in had a private balcony overlooking the river, we spent hours on it watching the folks tube by. It was a rather large room by hotel standards with a mini stove, fridge and microwave, very clean too I might add, the only negative thing I can think of is the large flat screen TV should have been wall mounted, however that is minor in my opinion. We are very seasoned travelers, have been literally all over the world and before we left we booked 2 rooms for our next trip and are bringing the rest of the family with us, need I say more?

Room Tip: Riverfront balcony
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Frank349
Reviewed May 21, 2013

My husband and I spent several days in Helen, Georgia and stayed at the Helendorf River Inn. The room was very nice with two queen size beds, a balcony overlooking the river and a very friendly and helpful staff. The location of the parking lots and the elevators made getting to and from our room very easy. We will make it a point to say at the Helendorf River Inn on our next visit. Our room was equipped with a refridgerator and a microwave.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 21, 2013

I've Been Going To This Hotel For Years Now. The Staff Is Great And Finally Was Able To Meet The Owner And She Is A Sweet Heart. The Cleaning Staff Is Great And Just Think This Has To Be One Of Best Places I've Been To Over My Years If Traveling North America. Keep Up The The Good Work

-The Jersey Boys

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank ccaputo01
Reviewed May 21, 2013

I have been coming here for years, its an amazing hotel, the rooms are comfy, clean, and most of them have a balcony facing the beautiful river. The staff at the heledorf are great people, always willing to help you with your needs, and jnow all the hot spots in town. The hotel is located in a perfect spot, town is a 1min away walking, with little shops, resurants, stores and some night clubs, and the river rafting is right down the road. I suggest everyone get out there and enjoy what the Heledorf in Helen, Georgia has to offer.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank lisaantonelli
Reviewed May 21, 2013

This trip was exceptionally special due to the Helendorf revamping there hotel and service. We were greeted and checked in excetionally quickly and the rooms were wonderful. The staffs friendly service and great attitude keeps me coming back. The Helendorf has a great view of the city and river and there is NO other place to stay when you come to town. This is my 4th year staying here when I come for this car show and it is by far the only place I will continue to stay. Katherine and the rest of her staff treat us like family.

If you are looking for a place to stay when you come to the great town of Helen, GA, look no further!!!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank HighwayStarManny
Reviewed May 21, 2013

for SoWo, I stay at the Helendorf. I always love to get a riverfront room and sit outside at night with friends to just unwind. The new renovations to the back patio on the river makes that very easy and relaxing with the new lighting. The staff is always very friendly and very accommodating. The location is very central to everything that is going on. All in all, if I am in Helen, I am at the Helendorf.

Room Tip: Go Riverfront Balcony!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends