“Unplanned "Early Departure"”

Helendorf River Inn and Conference Center
Ranked #5 of 19 Hotels in Helen
Reviewed October 27, 2012

My husband & I were looking forward to our "Annual Trip to North Ga. Mountains" .Checked in @ Helendorf Inn , (our first time to stay there), on Wed.10-17-12- @4PM, for 3 day stay. At 2AM on Thurs, 10-18-12, I became very sick, had to come home. We checked out on Thurs. my husband explained this to front desk clerk, asking about possible refund, said she would, "speak to her subervisor" We understand their policy on early departures, but aren't there exceptions?? We were there less than 24hrs.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
helendorf, Owner at Helendorf River Inn and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2012

Dear Mary, I am so sorry your visit was cut short because you were not feeling well! Of course, we do take in to account special circumstances if there is an early departure. Your credit card was refunded on October 18th for the nights you were not able to stay with us. We look forward to having you visit again when you can stay longer & enjoy our beautiful City & all of Northeast Georgia Mountains!

There are newer reviews for Helendorf River Inn and Conference Center

Reviewed October 24, 2012

My husband and I visit Helen every year for our anniversary and we would never stay anywhere but the Helendorf!! We absolutely love the feel of the place. And the people there are spectacular!! It's close to everything. And since they have redone the riverfront it is more beautiful then ever. The rooms are clean and some have been updated. I know more renovations are coming and I look forward to visiting those rooms!! Thank you for your hospitality!!

Room Tip: Corner with balcony was great!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Oddwalk
Reviewed October 22, 2012

We first attended Octoberfest in Helen 25 years ago and stayed at the Helendorf Inn. We had such a good time, walking everywhere downtown and sitting on our riverfront balcony. We have gone back nearly every year. We just returned and were so pleased with the updating and renovation on the premises. The riverfront walk has added so much as has the cleaning, pruning and painting. The staff (our room maid has been there for years) are courteous and accomodating. Goodwill is the dispositon to return to a place where one has been well treated, we will return.

Room Tip: Riverfront, 3rd floor. 1st floor lacks privacy due to riverwalk. 2nd floor is smoking
Reviewed October 22, 2012

For 5+ years my family and I have attended Oktoberfest in Helen. We always stay at The Helendorf. We just returned from a 4 day stay there. Nicer than ever! Heated covered pool, new widescreen televisions, wi-fi, new ice machines, fresh paint. We park on arrival and walk anywhere in Helen. The Festhalle is a one minute walk. So we can easily come and go as we want.
If you want to experience the feel of Helen, Ga. this is the place to stay.
Honestly wouldn't stay anywhere else in Helen. That is how much we enjoy the atmosphere, staff & facilities at The Helendorf.

Room Tip: Almost all rooms are riverfront with balconies. Definitely get a riverfront. The view is awesome and...
Reviewed October 20, 2012

I have been staying at the Helendorf for 7 years in a row during the Helen Oktoberfest and while my stay is always incredible, this year they went above and beyond. Specifically, Sheryl is amazing! She went above and beyond the call of duty to help me with a personal issue and really saved the day. I can't say how great the hotel and staff is there and will continue to stay there every year when I come to Helen. Thanks so much Sheryl!!!!

Room Tip: Stay on the riverside rooms!
Reviewed October 17, 2012

Hotel rooms need a makeover badly, along with the lobby. The room I was in could use some sprucing up. They do offer continental breakfast, all though it is slim pickings. Cereal, fruit, & breakfast bars. The breakfast area is lacking adequate seating. The hotel is located in the heart of downtown Helen. I wouldn't stay here again. My favorite hotel in Helen is The Hampton Inn.

Room Tip: Stay at the Hampton Inn instead.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank genxer36
helendorf, Owner at Helendorf River Inn and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2012

“Danke”, Thank you for your review of the Helendorf and I regret that you did not enjoy your stay. I would though like to let you know that we be starting our next phase of renovations as soon as Oktoberfest is over and would value another look next summer after we have completed our improvements. Some of the highlights of this winters renovations will included bathrooms and some furniture. Follow us on Facebook as we post progress with our renovations over the winter. We look forward to you seeing our continued improvements in person.

Reviewed October 10, 2012

We love staying here.Staff friendly,beautiful view and riverfront balcony and great location to downtown.Having coffee and breakfeast in lobby is great for people who don't eat a big breakfeast.We have been staying there several years and will continue in the future.Love the riverwalk and thanks for making us feel so welcomed.

2  Thank Sharon60845