“Great place to stay while in Helen.”

Helendorf River Inn and Conference Center
Ranked #5 of 18 Hotels in Helen
Reviewed June 2, 2011

Friendly service, clean rooms, and a great hiker rate.

• Stayed: March 2011
1  Thank Casey J

Reviewed May 27, 2011

The hotel was very clean, and walking distance to all of the downtown shops and restaurants. Located right on the river, it is a very pleasant place to visit. The hotel staff was very kind and courteous. We will be returning again!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank caretakert
Reviewed May 25, 2011

I traveled here for a big event and the staff did a great job accomodating the influx of people and keeping the grounds neat. The location is ideal for someone wanting to spend time in Helen. I loved it!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Mandyb4973
Reviewed April 28, 2011

While hiking the Appalachian Trial, we stopped in Helen due to forecasted storms. The Helendorf was very hospital to us, even as smelly hikers! The second night of our stay the South East was hit with the most violent storms seen in over 30 years. The city's tornado alarm sounded sending us running with our packs to the basement. Through it all the staff continued to focus on our needs, bringing us food and drinks throughout the night, when they could have been huddled into a safe place. I cannot say enough about the staff here! Very Very Impressed.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank juliastutts
Reviewed March 20, 2011

Love this place. I've been staying here since I was a child and now I bring my husband and children here. It feels like home. Quaint, cozy, walk to everything, fab views, my teenage son loved to fish in the river. My daughter thinks we are staying in a fairy tale!!! Something for everyone!!!

• Stayed: December 2010
1  Thank Jensoesman
Reviewed February 21, 2011

They didn't give us more then a few choices on this site. We were there last in October 2009. We have been guests of the Helendorf multiple times and have loved every stay!! We plan on going again this September for our anniversary. We were married at the Chapel next to the hotel on 9-23-06. The Hotel went out of their way to be sure that all our guests had the best rooms. The Helendorf rocks!!!!!!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Oddwalk
Reviewed January 30, 2011

The town of Helen is very cute, very Alpine and perfect on a snowy, Christmas weekend. There was not much going on in town, but it was ok as we walked around and just browsed. It snowed and we got to show that to our dog for the first time. She had so much fun in the snow around town.

Breakfast was very good for a start to our day. Mainly consisted of bagels, toast, granola bars, packaged sticky buns, yogurt, fresh fruit, juice, and coffee. Can't beat that it is included. There is a nice fireplace in the lobby/breakfast room, so a nice place to eat if you don't take it with you.

I would recommend this to a friend, but with conditions. The hotel is quiant, hospitable, well-located, however, it is not new, mordern and flashy. We were in the "tower" room, can't remember the number, but that room allowed our dog. We like to request a top floor and end. This was great. Unlike other reviews I've read, we did not hear anyone through the walls, but I think we didn't share a side wall with anyone. Running the heater helps I think to cover lots of "hotel" noises anyways so we usually adjust the temp and keep it going.
We did not get to use the indoor pool, would have like that. The river/stream behind the hotel is nice to look at, though across the way is a parking lot. So if you get a river view room, know that there is "town" across the river. Take a look at my pics, I tried to cover what anyone might need to know. I always like seeing as many pics as I can to help figure if I would like to go. This hotel was just fine for 2 nights but I couldn't not see staying here for any more. Just was not luxurious. But fine for a weekend. Visit "Big Daddy's" for excellent craft beer choices and quite good pizza!

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple