“#1 Reuben in Georgia”

Ranked #18 of 76 Restaurants in Helen
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night
Reviewed November 6, 2013

I have eaten at the Cafe International in Helen many times over the years-it's setting over the Chattahoochee River (just a mountain stream here) make it a perfect spot for a relaxed lunch in this bustling little tourist trap of a town. The owners and the waitresses are really nice -I have always been pleased with the service.The food is mixed in quality though-some items are from cans and bags...not necessarily bad-but this is not a fresh food bistro. I personally love the canned German Potato Salad they serve. They are capable of cooking some good flavored Smoked Pork Chops- once I had them that were a bit too firm but they were nice and tender on my last visit. As many others have noted they make an incredible Reuben- honestly one of the very best I have ever had- if you are hungry for lunch and are in the area you simply must try their Reuben!!!

Reviewed November 4, 2013

Vegetarians have it hard in Helen. I was pleased to discover that Cafe International has a black bean burger, and it was yummy. The cole slaw was soupy and sweet - maybe this is authentic, but I just found it weird. Like all Helen restaurants, the decor and cleanliness aren't top notch, but if you need a vegetarian burger, this is your place. That's why it gets a "Very Good" score from me.

Reviewed November 1, 2013

The food, drinks, and service were impressive. The location, adjacent to the Chattahoochee River, can't be beat for outdoor dining and relaxing with one (or more) of their seasonal varietals. Their signature sandwiches (their Reuben is the best I've had since Katz's Deli in NY) were so good we went back for lunch again the next day. Highly recommend.

Reviewed October 26, 2013 via mobile

Sitting on the patio deck watching the creek, we sipped our Octoberfest draft beers in glasses. My reuben sandie was excellent and my husbands bratwurst platter made him happy too. Waitress was sweet and gracious. Thanks, cannot wait to return!

Reviewed October 25, 2013 via mobile

We enjoyed the huge and delicious Reuben sandwich with chips and creamy cole slaw. It was warm and quick on a chilly day in the mountains.

Been to Cafe International? Share your experiences!