“The " I am Home " Feeling ...”
Review of Loreley Resort

and 1 more site!
Loreley Resort
Reviewed September 16, 2011

Benjamin and His Mother Donna :: Wow what a Good Time we have Every Year ! Have you meet the new Social Director, Tim. I was Impressed. For Me.. that is saying a lot. I love the Planned Activities . Go or Not Go that is a personal choice... But the Day Trips are great. The Van is large and gassed up . It comes with a driver and local Folk Lore. Ride, enjoy the Company of Others...and leave the driving to Tim. How good is that !!
The Security is around the Clock and Visible.On Foot and with Golf Cart. Always making sure You are taken care of. So a late evening out,get to room with no key. Not a problem. Located in middle of resort, security will come let you in.
The repairmen have been there many years, quite good at there Job. call and get about a 10 min. response. Those of us that go every year know them by Name.
Jack and all of the Office Group is more than Cordial. A pleasure to see each time. Ask your questions about the resort or local things to do. You will get answers. Along with maps and brochures.
My Son and I live for the Hot Tub. I swim 5 full laps over and over. It is very large. Sauna is always working.
Exercise equipment nice to look at while other do their thing.
We Enjoy the huge Clubhouse every morning and Watch TV there a lot of evenings. That is just our preference....well the porch rocking chairs are great. River just outside the windows to enjoy the flow of the water. Relaxing. Peaceful. Quite.
If you love Quaint, Well Maintained, Indoor ,Outdoor Pools. Basketball, Tennis, Cookout area, Children Activities and Play Ground, Fishing on the river. All in a Alpine Ga Mountain Area.This is For You. Just look at the many pictures. Black Bear sightings are free, a very short drive to 5 State Parks, a jump to 3 other states and lots to do or not to do...
Visit Loreley Resort in Helen ,Ga. I have for over 15 years and counting.!!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank WinHalf1
There are newer reviews for Loreley Resort

Reviewed September 15, 2011

The deck of our condo at Loreley was only a few yards from the Chattahooche River - a popular spot for tubing in the summer. The grounds were well-kept and surrounded by natural wooded areas. Even in summer's dry weather, the area was green and leafy.

My son and my daughter came to visit in separate cars and both were given passes to use the extra unmarked spaces in the parking lot with no problems.

These condos are older but they have been well-kept and the rooms were updated with nice furniture, full kitchen, and dining tables. There were chairs and table on the covered porch, as well. The internet was fast and wireless and there was a nice stone fireplace.

I went for walks in the evenings and at no time felt unsafe. Everyone was friendly and the atmosphere was family oriented.

There's very little negative to say. However, I would go in the spring or fall when it's cooler next time. Two coffee cups had been put away without being washed so I ran the dishes we used through the dishwasher before using. Except for those two mugs, the dishes were spotless. It was easier to wash the cups than complain. As another reviewer commented, there was not a pizza cutter, but the knife worked just great.

The 2nd bedroom had twin beds, and the mattresses could have been better. I was happy I had brought my own pillow. Laundry exchange and pick-up schedule was more limited than other places but it worked for us. Overall, we were quite comfortable in the condo.

For a quiet vacation in a natural setting with beautiful landscaping, Loreley is fantastic. .

Room Tip: Ask for a single-level condo on the bottom floor if you have a problem with steps. Loft units have 2...
Reviewed August 24, 2011

We really enjoyed our week stay there. My wife didn't want to go home. The staff is wonderful. I will try my best to get back there. RCI doesn't book all of the available units there for no reason. It was very nice to be able to walk down to the river and play with the kids. They were very clean inside and out. I hope I will see You guys again!

Room Tip: Loft units are well worth the $
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank truthbkn0wn
Reviewed July 28, 2011

This is a great resort for getting away from the traffic of downtown Helen. It is close to the tubing action and several restaurants but it is so quiet and peaceful along the river. The grounds are superbly landscaped and well maintained.The units are nice and quiet as well and also well maintained. It was our first visit there but it will definitely not be our last.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank TownsendTraveler
Reviewed June 26, 2011

Helen is an awesome place to vacation at, But do not plan to stay at Loreley. My mother exchanged her timeshare with RCI to stay here...what a mistake! First off, we finally get here and there 6 of us so we decided to travel in 2 cars only to find out the resort only allows 1 car per room (which nobody told us when we called to confirm reservations) so I being the "guest car" am told to park down the street at the next condos and walk back. For one I do not feel comfortable walking down a street in an unfamiliar place dragging my luggage behind me! I decide to park my car in the space next to our "assigned space" to get my luggage into the condo easier only to have a very rude man who apparently works here and has nothing better to do than monitor the parking lot bang on the door and tell me to move my car or it will be towed. I walk back to the office to resolve this issue and I am told that "I would be given a parking pass but they hand out twice the amount of parking passes than there are parking spaces".
Well we finally get our luggage up the flight of stairs to our room. I quickly find my bed upstairs in the loft area only to find out that my husband and I would be sleeping in seperate twin size beds. Then we start looking for the thermostat to turn the air on only to find out that there isn't one. We have to share the air from downstairs. Ok well it's only about 98 degrees in the loft today. It ended up taking the thermostat about 6 hours set on 45 degrees to cool the upstairs.
Ok dinner time. We decide to make a frozen pizza in our "fully equipped kitchen" only to find out there was no pizza cutter. Next day we decided to make spaghetti since that would be a simple meal to feed 6 people, well it's not so simple when there is not a colander to drain the spaghetti with... Finally the third day we decided not to risk cooking and went downtown to eat. We did find this awesome little (and I do mean little) BBQ shack called N. Georgia BBQ.
We had to eat outside, since there were no tables indoors but the food was well worth it. Some of the best BBQ I have ever eaten in my life!
Finally my last gripe about this place. As we were leaving one day to go out my husband steps on a broken board on the steps and falls down. We reported it to the office and were told it would be repaired immediately. We return about 30 minutes later only to find that the board had been placed back in the correct position but was not nailed back down. I learned this because when I went walking up the steps the same board flew up and hit me in the leg.
Trust me guys, come to Helen but do not stay here. It was a nightmare!

7  Thank Starwalker82
Reviewed June 11, 2011

We booked this resort based on the little information found online. We had never been to Helen and we just hoped we would not be wasting a week's vacation! When we arrived, the service was excellent, the rooms were ready and much better than the photos.(The website does not do this place justice.) The location is right on the river and within walking distance to everything. Went "tubing" three times (take water shoes) and loved it-$3/trip. Tennis court is beautiful, the whirlpool, sauna and workout area is very nice and the pool was well maintained (renovated indoor pool opened the day we left-gorgeous). There are gas grills located throughout the property with eating areas...right on the river! We had a unit with a loft and it fit 6 easily; Had 3 TV's with DVD/VHS players; generous hopitality basket; 2 full baths. We took 4 teenagers and had a blast. There is so much to do in Helen. Go to Tallulah Falls for a day and if you think you are in shape...do the gorge hike! Go to Betty's and get a chocolate-chip cookie...to share with a friend! Loreley is an older property, and they are constantly renovating and updating. There are many little towns around Helen. We went to see a movie one night and shopping is close too. There is a Dollar General in Helen. It is well worth checking it out! We will go back next year. Who knew that we could go south to the mountains in the summer for such a great time!! Terrific staff...tell Jack we will see them all again next June!!

Room Tip: We stayed in Limburg and loved it...right on river
7  Thank vacationspot5
Reviewed February 25, 2010

Our overall stay was nice, the only problems we had seemed to be with housekeeping and the housekeeping staff. We had trash under the beds and the bed sheets appeared dirty. We did request that the sheets be replaced. During Linen/towel exchange the “housekeeping assistant” didn’t seem to want to put his laptop down to assist us and when he did look up from the computer he looked a bit agitated. Other than that, the facility was very pleasant and the town is a great place close to get away.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with friends