“OH YEAH THIS PLACE IS NICE!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Loreley Resort

Loreley Resort
Dahlonega, Georgia
“OH YEAH THIS PLACE IS NICE!!!”
Reviewed August 24, 2011

We really enjoyed our week stay there. My wife didn't want to go home. The staff is wonderful. I will try my best to get back there. RCI doesn't book all of the available units there for no reason. It was very nice to be able to walk down to the river and play with the kids. They were very clean inside and out. I hope I will see You guys again!

Room Tip: Loft units are well worth the $
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank truthbkn0wn

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Alabama
Reviewed July 28, 2011

This is a great resort for getting away from the traffic of downtown Helen. It is close to the tubing action and several restaurants but it is so quiet and peaceful along the river. The grounds are superbly landscaped and well maintained.The units are nice and quiet as well and also well maintained. It was our first visit there but it will definitely not be our last.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank TownsendTraveler
Gastonia, North Carolina
Reviewed June 26, 2011

Helen is an awesome place to vacation at, But do not plan to stay at Loreley. My mother exchanged her timeshare with RCI to stay here...what a mistake! First off, we finally get here and there 6 of us so we decided to travel in 2 cars only to find out the resort only allows 1 car per room (which nobody told us when we called to confirm reservations) so I being the "guest car" am told to park down the street at the next condos and walk back. For one I do not feel comfortable walking down a street in an unfamiliar place dragging my luggage behind me! I decide to park my car in the space next to our "assigned space" to get my luggage into the condo easier only to have a very rude man who apparently works here and has nothing better to do than monitor the parking lot bang on the door and tell me to move my car or it will be towed. I walk back to the office to resolve this issue and I am told that "I would be given a parking pass but they hand out twice the amount of parking passes than there are parking spaces".
Well we finally get our luggage up the flight of stairs to our room. I quickly find my bed upstairs in the loft area only to find out that my husband and I would be sleeping in seperate twin size beds. Then we start looking for the thermostat to turn the air on only to find out that there isn't one. We have to share the air from downstairs. Ok well it's only about 98 degrees in the loft today. It ended up taking the thermostat about 6 hours set on 45 degrees to cool the upstairs.
Ok dinner time. We decide to make a frozen pizza in our "fully equipped kitchen" only to find out there was no pizza cutter. Next day we decided to make spaghetti since that would be a simple meal to feed 6 people, well it's not so simple when there is not a colander to drain the spaghetti with... Finally the third day we decided not to risk cooking and went downtown to eat. We did find this awesome little (and I do mean little) BBQ shack called N. Georgia BBQ.
We had to eat outside, since there were no tables indoors but the food was well worth it. Some of the best BBQ I have ever eaten in my life!
Finally my last gripe about this place. As we were leaving one day to go out my husband steps on a broken board on the steps and falls down. We reported it to the office and were told it would be repaired immediately. We return about 30 minutes later only to find that the board had been placed back in the correct position but was not nailed back down. I learned this because when I went walking up the steps the same board flew up and hit me in the leg.
Trust me guys, come to Helen but do not stay here. It was a nightmare!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
7 Thank Starwalker82
Monroe, North Carolina
Reviewed June 11, 2011

We booked this resort based on the little information found online. We had never been to Helen and we just hoped we would not be wasting a week's vacation! When we arrived, the service was excellent, the rooms were ready and much better than the photos.(The website does not do this place justice.) The location is right on the river and within walking distance to everything. Went "tubing" three times (take water shoes) and loved it-$3/trip. Tennis court is beautiful, the whirlpool, sauna and workout area is very nice and the pool was well maintained (renovated indoor pool opened the day we left-gorgeous). There are gas grills located throughout the property with eating areas...right on the river! We had a unit with a loft and it fit 6 easily; Had 3 TV's with DVD/VHS players; generous hopitality basket; 2 full baths. We took 4 teenagers and had a blast. There is so much to do in Helen. Go to Tallulah Falls for a day and if you think you are in shape...do the gorge hike! Go to Betty's and get a chocolate-chip cookie...to share with a friend! Loreley is an older property, and they are constantly renovating and updating. There are many little towns around Helen. We went to see a movie one night and shopping is close too. There is a Dollar General in Helen. It is well worth checking it out! We will go back next year. Who knew that we could go south to the mountains in the summer for such a great time!! Terrific staff...tell Jack we will see them all again next June!!

Room Tip: We stayed in Limburg and loved it...right on river
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
7 Thank vacationspot5
Georgia
Reviewed February 25, 2010

Our overall stay was nice, the only problems we had seemed to be with housekeeping and the housekeeping staff. We had trash under the beds and the bed sheets appeared dirty. We did request that the sheets be replaced. During Linen/towel exchange the “housekeeping assistant” didn’t seem to want to put his laptop down to assist us and when he did look up from the computer he looked a bit agitated. Other than that, the facility was very pleasant and the town is a great place close to get away.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with friends
4 Thank adventureseeker73
South Carolina
Reviewed October 22, 2009

We stayed during the week starting OCt 16th 2009. We had unit A10 a 1br with loft on the
end right by the river. It was a beautiful view off the balcony. We had the outdoor pool view with the running river on the right. On the entry side we were directly across from Club house. Could of asked for a better unit. Looks like the carpet was recently redone.
Furniture was in good shape, new 32 flat screen TV with HBO. Full bath downstairs & nice
upstairs loft with shower and sink-plenty of room! All the dishes and things you need they supplies paper towels, garbage bags & TP, even gave us a starter fire log on check in. When we stripped the beds we found not so well cleaned. Trash, pen, Rx pills under beds. Popcorn and other trash behind sofa. The queen size bed was OK comfy the up stair beds were way too soft, although they were probably meant for children?
The very best thing was the activity director Cassie. There were two days of day long area tours provided for only $5. We saw Babyland, Brasstown Bald, Mercier Orchards, Fred's famous peanuts, stopped for lunch each day and had a great time seeing sights we would of never found on our own. We walked to Oktoberfest one day about a 25 minute walk, in Helen you have to pay to park everywhere. The indoor pool looked very nice, the clubhouse was nice- would be great for summer nights..

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank lisatch
Georgia
Reviewed October 12, 2009

Ihave been to Lorely several different years. In summer and fall. The complex totally redone all of the rooms. The Loft Condos are roomey ,the catwalk upstairs , and balcony is a plus. Two bedroom downstairs units are small. but have everything you need. All units are furnished with everything, but food and drink. Well layed out facilities. On site Laundry. Cazebo overlooks river. Large playground next to the river,tennis court,picnic and clubhouse. Indoor heated pool, huge hot tub are our favorite. We enjoy the club house playing cards, talking, tv. Rocking Chairs on wrap around balcony.. Area Maps,coupons,etc.grab a few and gone for the day. Available planned outings/activities for those who want to meet others and go.Five State Parks, German Replica Town .Lorely is Senior Friendly.Kid Friendly. Staff Friendly.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family