“Quite Nice”

Americas Best Value Inn Hazlehurst
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Hazlehurst
Reviewed June 28, 2008

This motel is actually a pleasant surprise. At. $66.08 (including tax) it is definitely worth the money.
I agree with reviews I have read regarding the friendliness of the owner. I didn't get to meet his wife as she was away on a trip but the owner is very friendly and we had a bit of a chat about cricket and whatnot.
The rooms are quite spacious and very clean...actually surprisingly so. In fact, I would have to say that these are some of the cleanest motel rooms I have stayed in...that is a credit to their maids.
There were a lot of bugs outside the door but not a one in the room...got to like that!
The breakfast was quite good and better than what one would normally come to expect from a motel in a small country town such as this one.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
1  Thank Ozcfied

Reviewed December 30, 2007

I agree 100% with the high ratings. This hotel is one of the best in this category that I have ever stayed in. The young owners are incredibly nice, accommodating, and genuinely interested in their guests' comfort. If you are traveling and think you may be stopping within a couple of hours, this is the place to stop. The next morning, after enjoying a very comfortable and peaceful night's sleep, you can enjoy the continental breakfast in the lobby and be own your way. I will definitely return to this Best Western!

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank Grahamga3081
A TripAdvisor Member
Winter Springs, Florida
Reviewed June 8, 2006

My family and I stayed at this Best Western for one night, and I was so impressed by the overall value. The room was nicely decorated with a homey feel, it had free wireless internet access, and it was very clean. The continental breakfast was well-stocked and had a waffle-maker. The couple who own the hotel were friendly and gave good advice on the few restaurants in town; they also followed up when I had trouble with the wireless internet access (which was resolved.) I travel for business every month, and I have paid three times as much at hotels that didn't treat me as well.

• Stayed: June 2006
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed December 13, 2005

I had the pleasure to visit Hazlehurst GA again, and there was no question where I would stay - The Best Western.

The owners remembered me from my previous stays and are still the same nice, accommodating couple I met several months ago.

Upon check-in, I asked for the same room I had during my previous stays - and I got it. Again, I went out of town for a couple of days then returned to the Hazlehurst Best Western. This time when I checked in, I was given a different room. I didn't question the owner why I didn't get my "usual" room, I took the key and went to the room. Pleasantly surprised, this new room was in a great location and much larger (although it sure didn't need to be) and had upgraded furnishings. I later learned from the owner that this was not even one of their best rooms. There are no better hotel accommodations in Hazlehurst GA, I can assure you. The next morning, I enjoyed a wonderful continental breakfast in the hotel lobby before my departure.

If you are traveling to or through Hazlehurst GA, and need a place to stay, I highly recommend the Best Western Hotel located at 143 MLK Jr. Blvd, right on Highway 23 East.

• Stayed: December 2005
9  Thank TerryJaxBchFL
Reviewed October 9, 2005

We stayed one night here on our way to Brunswick through Central Georgia.

I took note of the review already on here and the motel didn't disappoint us at all. Friendly staff, comfortable rooms and excellent value.

When we got to Savannah we mentioned to someone we'd stopped in Hazlehurst. Her face was a picture. "What did you want to go there for?". Well, it's not a affluent town, but it's homely and the Village Pizza across the road was one of the best I've ever been in.

• Stayed: October 2005
1  Thank Chris G
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hazlehurst
Western Motel Inn and Suites Hazlehurst
17 mi away
Key West Inn, Baxley
Key West Inn, Baxley
#3 of 5 in Baxley

Been to Americas Best Value Inn Hazlehurst? Share your experiences!