“Here's another fine place we've gotten ourselves into!”

The Laurel and Hardy Museum of Harlem, Georgia
Ranked #1 of 2 things to do in Harlem
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: The Laurel and Hardy Museum of Harlem, Georgia opened in 2002 and is the ONLY museum in the United States dedicated to comedians Stan Laurel and Oliver Hardy. Harlem, Georgia is the birthplace of Oliver Hardy. Admission is free, and visitors can see a variety of Laurel and Hardy memorabilia, view their favorite Laurel and Hardy films, and purchase souvenirs. The museum is open Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday from 10 a.m to 4 p.m., Wednesday from 1pm until 4pm. RESERVATIONS FOR GROUP TOURS ARE SUGGESTED AND WILL BE REQUESTED BY CALLING THE MUSEUM DIRECTLY. Admission is FREE and DONATIONS appreciated!
Tamarac, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Here's another fine place we've gotten ourselves into!”
Reviewed July 12, 2010

This museum is devoted to the beloved comedy team of Stan Laurel and Oliver Hardy. Located in Harlem, GA -- the birthplace of Oliver Hardy -- the museum includes thousands of memorabilia, posters, movies, and a complete sound-and-screen theatre for viewing any of their movie shorts. Best of all, everything -- including admission to the museum and the theatre showings -- is FREE! It's a nice little visit down memory lane and a great place to retreat for a while away from intense weather. Bring a camera and have your picture taken with the likenesses of Stan and Ollie. Watch all of their movies!

Macon, Georgia
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“A Brief Visit to Laurel and Hardy Museum”
Reviewed June 23, 2010

After a long day in Augusta, Georgia for a Blue Star Marker Dedication I stoped for a brief visit to the Museum. I had made note of it during our trip early in the morning from Macon, Georgia.

On the return trip we made it a point to retrace our journey to also go through Harlem, Georgia to stop at the Museum. The attendant was very friendly and even took my picture in the motor car.

I also took two pictures which I will attempt to submit with this post. My visit was informative and you can be sure that I will visit again when my time is more flexible. A must see for anyone. Even younger people who may not know of Laurel and Hardy will appreciate this Museum. As an older individual I most certainly enjoyed my brief visit.

1 Thank GeorgiaFlowerChild
New Orleans, Louisiana
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Hidden Treasure in Small Southern Town”
Reviewed June 8, 2010

What a find! The Laurel & Hardy Museum in Harlem, Georgia was a joy to visit! Nestled in a charming little town, rich in southern history down a lovely, winding state highway, this museum abounds with artifacts and memorabilia of two of the pioneers of film comedy. Take your picture with Ollie and Stan, view any of their wonderful old movies and shorts, and browse through endless items depicting these film legends. Harlem, Georgia, the birthplace of Oliver Hardy, celebrates his life with a festival on October 1 each year. In the meantime, this special spot is open to anyone happy to remember the laughter he and Stan Laurel provided to generations of film-lovers.

1 Thank TerryLowe1026
Inman, South Carolina
“Memories of Laurel and Hardy”
Reviewed June 5, 2010

Excellant short visit. Cameras are welcome. Host had outstanding knowledge of actors and museum contents. Visit brought back old memories and laughs from childhood TV programs and toys. Did not realize that there was so much stuff and interest about Laurel & Hardy. Will stop when passing through again and catch the next Festival. Movies were great.

augusta,ga 30909
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“We experienced true southern hospitality.”
Reviewed May 29, 2010

Driving east on GA I-20, we saw a sign that the Laurel & Hardy Museum was off the Interstated.As a child I remember how much my dad loved those two comedians, so we decided to stop and take a long over due break. Was I ever happy about the decision. There was no charge and we were even offered homemade cookies and coffee. We were told about the two "boys" as they were referred to be the volenteer staff. I can't say enough about the kindness and hospitatily we were shown. The museum has a theater
which shows the movies of those two and even my 6 year old was happy to sit through one of them and asked to watch a second.The memories were so great. I would recomended this museum to all ages.

1 Thank funinthesun1019