“Shuttle problematic, service not so good, room okay”

Courtyard Atlanta Airport North/Virginia Avenue
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Hapeville
Pasadena, California
“Shuttle problematic, service not so good, room okay”
Reviewed March 21, 2007

There is a free shuttle from the airport that takes about 30 minutes (including wait time and the ride) on average. They don't run on a so-called schedule as posted in the hotel. I urge all readers to start lodging complaints about shuttle drivers who yak away on their cell phones throughout the drive. Mine talked the entire time, and I noticed not one passenger tipped him. It's disrespectful of the customer, and a huge risk for all of us (who are sitting in there without even seat belts). Should I have been involved in an accident, I would have filed a suit against the driver, the shuttle company, and Marriott. As for the room, it was acceptable, but nothing more. The bathroom and sinks were designed in a fairly inconvenient way, and the heater/air-conditioner was a bit noisy. Since I had just stayed at a Hampton Inn in downtown Atlanta, I'll say that it was about two steps down from that. The service at the front desk was lousy. First of all, she was hardly ever there. She either hid in the back room or in the kitchen, and you had to wait there, sometimes for 3 minutes or so for her to come out. Overall, I will not stay here again. But again, I urge all travellers to start lodging complaints against shuttle drivers who drive while talking on their cell phones. I'm not at all sure why people aren't outraged about this.

• Stayed March 2007
2 Thank travel=toil

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
USA
Reviewed March 19, 2007

I've been in Marriot Atlanta Airport North in Feb. 2007.

Airport-Hotel by shuttle bus, a bit bumpy ride but free.

Front desk. Correct and efficient. Do not forget to ask a quiet room. It seems there are differences between the rooms on the different sides of the hotel (one faces the runway).

The room: good and large, clean. I had a terrible storm that night and the window whistled. Bad luck.

Back in the lobby, two computers with internet access. One broke down very easy.

I asked loundry and I could not get any: it was weekend ! They need to reconsider their activity !

Dinner: none. They had no restaurant available. The front desk advised me to go to Renessance hotel. The shuttle bus took me for free. 5 minutes ride.

Renessace is a good place to eat. Large, with different dimensions than Marriot. Choice was adequate and price correct.

back to Marriot: in the lobby is a vending machine with some soft drinks.

The international call are pricey, have a phone in roaming with you. Will worth the money.

Breakfast good, but not exceptional. People and front desk in general helpful and nice.

Conclusion: resonable choice in a hurry, between flights, no restaurant though.

For one night, I would stay again. Price is correct.

• Disliked — No laundry, no restaurant
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled on business
1 Thank Savvy-tourist
Macon, GA
Reviewed November 25, 2006

The breakfast was excellent! The breakfast staff were friendly, helpful.

I encounter toilet problems and phone not working upon arrival, problems were fixed next day. Manager made follow-up call to make sure everything was taken care of.

Room was cleaned and met my needs for business travel.

I will highly recommed this hotel again, and again!

• Liked — Breakfast
  • Disliked — Front Desk Associates
  • Tips/Secrets — N/A
  • Stayed November 2006, traveled on business
Indianapolis
Reviewed July 30, 2006

We just got back from an unexpected stay at the Courtyard. Due to flight issues we found ourselves stuck in Atlanta for the night. The Courtyard offered a great rate of just $84 with a free airport shuttle. The airport shuttle runs every 15 minutes and is also for a number of other corporate parking lots and hotels. The first shuttle was full so we had to wait for another one. In total we waited about 30 minutes for a shuttle ride to the hotel. The ride itself, because of all the stops was about 25 minutes. We checked into the hotel around midnight. The front desk employee was nice enough. The room was a little worn, but I think for the most part it was clean. The big issues was the noise in the room. The toliet ran every 3 minutes. The air was the worst. It was impossible to sleep through when it kicked on. We had a toddler with us and it was so late, that we decided to live with the noise. Of course I didn't sleep at all. I've found Courtyards to generally be hit or misses. This one is a miss for me.

• Stayed July 2006, traveled with family
Pawleys Island, South Carolina
Reviewed January 1, 2006

My husband and another couple stayed here New Year's Eve to catch the Falcons last season game. We did not mind staying away from the Dome. We could avoid traffic plus this hotel had Shuttle service to Marta train station that took us straight to the Dome. If you want clean rooms. This is the place to be. It was spotless. The staff was great and very pleasant. Me and my family were always given a warm smile and greeting when any of them walked by us. I would definitely come here again.

• Stayed December 2005
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hapeville
Hilton Atlanta Airport
Atlanta Airport Marriott
Atlanta Airport Marriott
#4 of 26 in College Park
Hyatt Place Atlanta Airport North

Been to Courtyard Atlanta Airport North/Virginia Avenue? Share your experiences!