Well, this is my second "strike" in attempting to find a decent business hotel near the Atlanta airport. Granted, I’ve traveled plenty enough to know that airport hotels fall below par of chain standards. This is clearly an older hotel (the bathroom sink still features a bottle opener!) that has been renovated (probably several times), but the latest renovations are already showing signs of wear. All in all, I would say my stay here was mediocre; tolerable by airport hotel standards, but I would not want to spend more than a night or two here and I will look at another hotel option the next time I need to stay in the area.
*The room décor, while somewhat tired looking, is modern and pleasant.
*Check-in was fast and friendly and the front desk staff is pleasant and helpful.
*I requested top floor and my request was granted with a 4th floor room.
*The hotel shuttle will drop guests off at any of four area restaurants, though I was “abandoned” at my restaurant after calling for a pick up.
*My end-of-hall, top-floor room, despite being right across from the stairwell and elevator, was very quiet.
*The courtesy shuttle drivers proved to be very polite and professional.
*The rooms are so small that they feel cramped.
*The bathroom sink area in my king room was extremely tiny.
*The furnishings in the rooms are a bit worn, particularly the desk, coffee table & couch.
*The dining options are surprisingly limited.
-Unlike many newer Courtyards, this hotel offers no lunch or dinner dining, only breakfast.
-Only two restaurants (pizza and Chinese) deliver to the hotel.
-The nearby restaurant options are very restricted.
*The area immediately surrounding the hotel is sort of light industrial and not at all conducive to taking a nice walk for exercise after a stressful day of meetings. Also, this hotel is located in “hotel central”, Atlanta Airport North, which is just not a particularly pleasant local.
*Finally, it’s a bit of nit-pick but the air conditioning unit sits right next to the desk / workspace which means in order to keep the room cool in the warmer months while working at the desk, you’ll need a sweater and some Advil (to ward off the “ice cream headache” from the frigid air).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Take comfort and convenience to new heights at Courtyard Atlanta Airport North/Virginia Avenue. Arrival and departure is a breeze thanks to our complimentary shuttle service to and from Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport. From our hotel, you can easily explore a variety of nearby attractions including Lakewood Amphitheater, Georgia Aquarium and Zoo Atlanta. After an action-packed day, settle down in our spacious rooms boasting mattresses dressed with crisp linens and custom comforters. No matter where you are on our hotel's property, you can always stay connected through our free Wi-Fi. In the morning, fuel up with breakfast sandwiches and Starbucks® coffee at The Bistro, our on-site restaurant also serving dinner entrees and evening cocktails. During downtime, work up a sweat at our 24-hour fitness center, then make a splash in our outdoor pool. Whether you're here for business or leisure, Courtyard Atlanta Airport North/Virginia Avenue invites you to experience a succe ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Priceline, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Courtyard Atlanta Airport North/Virginia Avenue reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Mariott Atlanta Airport North Hotel Hapeville
- Courtyard Hotel Hapeville
- Courtyard Hapeville
- Hapeville Courtyard