“The Bistro restaurant is overpriced and VERY SLOW.”

Courtyard Atlanta Airport North/Virginia Avenue
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Hapeville
Reviewed February 26, 2014

I have stayed at this hotel many times. The staff is always nice, but the quality of the hotel has declined steadily with each stay. Many of my co-workers stay at this hotel and we all agree that the restaurant is way overpriced and VERY SLOW. They seem to take one order, make it, ring it up, serve it, and then take the next order. I have given this restaurants many opportunities to redeem itself and every single time I have to wait an unreasonable amount of time. Also, the last time I stayed here they did not have any salads, this time they did not have any quinoa for their spinach salad. They seem to be out of a lot of inventory whenever I eat here.
As far as the hotel is concerned, when I first started staying here I always got an inside room with a microwave and a fridge. Now I always get a loud room next to the freeway without a fridge and no microwave.
The front desk staff works hard upon request to give us inside courtyard rooms (the exterior rooms are very loud) with refrigerators and microwaves. However, there are just not enough of these on premises to go around. In addition, I like to have a blanket. Lately, I always have to call down to get a blanket. Most hotels usually keep an extra blanket in the closet.
Lastly, I did have a conversation with my waitress after I waited 15 minutes for a slice of cake. I asked her why it took so long. She said she had a lot of people to wait on. There were 7 people in the restaurant with 2 servers working.

Room Tip: DO NOT EAT AT THE BISTRO RESTAURANT. It is very slow and poorly inventoried.
1  Thank MichaelMinneapolis
Courtyard_Airport_N, General Manager at Courtyard Atlanta Airport North/Virginia Avenue, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2014

Thank you for choosing the Courtyard Atlanta Airport north! we appreciate all your comments.

We apologize for not meeting the service expectations you were expecting when you booked your room at our hotel, we have addressed all the service issues you shared in your comments with our team and we are committed to make sure that all future guest will received the service our guest expect from our employees.

Our goal is that every guest leave our hotel with a positive experience and we hope that you choose our hotel gain on your next trip to Atlanta.

Reviewed February 17, 2014

The Services of the staff were quick and the food was decent The rooms had the same features of the Courtyard by Marriott with the nice desk, king size be, sofa and high definition TV. The rooms just didn't feel clean. Seems old and the carpet seems old. The carpet in the hall was is old too. Also, the hallway was very cold in the evening. I used the fitness center and it was nice. There are no restrooms near the fitness center which I think is drawdown. You would have to walk in the cold hallway a long walk to the lobby. There is an outside pool and it didn't seem to be heated.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 16, 2014

I was at this hotel for 2 weeks for training very nice and very clean I enjoy the breakfast pretty much everyday and I had lunch and dinner a couple of times, the bistro is a great place to start your morning. Very friendly staff and very helpful both at the hotel and the Bistro. I will stay here in the future.

Reviewed February 11, 2014

I have stayed at this hotel on two occasions in February 2014 for 10 total nights. The hotel staff is very friendly, and shuttle service very good. The rooms are very clean, and the lobby has a good number of convenience items for sale.

Room Tip: Freeway nearby, but overall this is a very quiet hotel... I usually don't hear the jets from the...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Courtyard_Airport_N, General Manager at Courtyard Atlanta Airport North/Virginia Avenue, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us your feedback. Wegreatly appreciate it!!!

Reviewed February 4, 2014

Stayed on a Saturday night prior to flying out on a Sunday morning flight. I like this hotel for the convenience and price. This hotel has free wifi and a very good shuttle to the Hartsfield Jackson International Airport. The service was good. The only downfall is they gave me a room next to the freeway off ramp. It wasn't noisy, but there were no view. Also the room was most furthest away on the third floor from the front desk. The rooms had the same features of the Courtyard by Marriott with the nice desk, king size be, sofa and high definition TV. The rooms just didn't feel clean. Seems old and the carpet seems old. The carpet in the hall was is old too. Also, the hallway was very cold in the evening. I used the fitness center and it was nice. There are no restrooms near the fitness center which I think is drawdown. You would have to walk in the cold hallway a long walk to the lobby. There is an outside pool and it didn't seem to be heated. It was too cold to check it out. The courtyard in the middle seems to be a waste in the winter time. Overall, I can live with the hotel since it is convenient with the location and amenities. It worked for me and I would stay there again.

Room Tip: The shuttle service to the airport is very good. Free wifi. This is better than the other Courtyar...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Courtyard_Airport_N, General Manager at Courtyard Atlanta Airport North/Virginia Avenue, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2014

Reviewed February 2, 2014 via mobile

Amazing staff, friendly service, allowed free parking due to my status & were soooo polite. I was in a rush to travel out of state and no options for parking my truck. They are more than accommodating and this hotel was nicely remodeled. Big thank you to Minnie, Kenneth & my sister from another mother Mercy! A+++

Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed January 14, 2014

I stay at Marriott Courtyards all over and this was one of the worst. Front desk man was not helpful at all upon check-in.Lady working the restaurant was crabby. No free coffee in the lobby, coffee in the room just doesn't cut it. Lobby was dirty. Rooms are average.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Naptown2
Courtyard_Airport_N, General Manager at Courtyard Atlanta Airport North/Virginia Avenue, responded to this reviewResponded January 18, 2014

We apologize for not delivering the service you were expecting when you booked your reservation, we have addressed all the service issues you shared in your comments with our team and our team is committed to make sure that all future guest will received the service our guest expect.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hapeville
Hilton Atlanta Airport
Hilton Atlanta Airport
#90 of 173 in Atlanta
Holiday Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport - North
Hyatt Place Atlanta Airport North
Atlanta Airport Marriott Gateway
Crowne Plaza Atlanta Airport
Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Airport North

Been to Courtyard Atlanta Airport North/Virginia Avenue? Share your experiences!