“Not a great Courtyard”

Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Hapeville
Arlington Heights
“Not a great Courtyard”
Reviewed January 14, 2014 via mobile

I stay at Marriott Courtyards all over and this was one of the worst. Front desk man was not helpful at all upon check-in.Lady working the restaurant was crabby. No free coffee in the lobby, coffee in the room just doesn't cut it. Lobby was dirty. Rooms are average.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Naptown2
Courtyard_Airport_N, General Manager at Courtyard Atlanta Airport North/Virginia Avenue, responded to this review, January 18, 2014
Thank you for choosing the Courtyard Atlanta Airport north! we appreciate all your comments.

We apologize for not delivering the service you were expecting when you booked your reservation, we have addressed all the service issues you shared in your comments with our team and our team is committed to make sure that all future guest will received the service our guest expect.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed January 13, 2014

I make an annual trip to Atlanta in January. This year we chose the Courtyard in Hapeville because it was close to our parking lot and we had gotten a very good rate, booked in August.
After a late check-in one of the two keys did not work, there were no clean glasses in the room, coffee which is a must was missing and we had to go to the front desk for some. Like most hotels that have 24 hour coffee this place did not. They have a place to get Starbucks coffee, which you pay for and on the weekends the place was not open until 7AM. After returning to our room after our first full day in Atlanta, we again had no coffee in the room although there was a coffee maker. We went down to the front des to obtain coffee for the next morning and they gave us one package and said they would be up to our room with another shortly. That never happened.
Upon checkout I tried to change something on my bill and there was no one at the front desk. After 3 minutes or more someone in the lobby suggested I knock on a door and finally someone came out. There was no chair in the bedroom except at the desk. If these little things must be cut back and also no coffee we will not be coming back. Period.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Debbie A

We apologize for not meeting the service expectations you were expecting when you booked your room at our hotel, we have addressed all the service issues you shared in your comments with our team and we are committed to make sure that all future guest will received the service our guest expect from our employees.

Our goal is that every guest leave our hotel with a positive experience and we hope that you choose our hotel gain on your next trip to Atlanta.

Reviewed November 24, 2013

I made this trip to attend a funeral of a relative. This hotel was booked through an online booking agency at a very reasonable rate I called the hotel from Atlanta Airport and promptly received a ride to the property. I received friendly and professional service at check-in. My room was clean and comfortable. Very nice swimming pool. (Did not use because of seasonal weather) The fitness center was limited but serviceable.. Microwave ovens and refrigerator are available upon request. However no one was available to provide these items when I inquired.There were a number of good restaurants nearby. There was adequate free parking. I would recommend this hotel to fellow travelers.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Courtyard_Airport_N, General Manager at Courtyard Atlanta Airport North/Virginia Avenue, responded to this review, January 9, 2014

We apologize for not delivering the microwave and refrigerator on a timely manner, we have shared your comments with our team and our team is committed to make sure that all future guest that inquire about microwave or refrigerator will received them on a timely manner depending on availability.

Best regards
Columbia Falls
Reviewed November 14, 2013

Good enough but didn't know room rates as I was using credit card points. Shuttle from airport was not frequent enough and I thought there should be some kind of complimentary breakfast. And couldn't they spring for a bottle of body lotion?

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Courtyard_Airport_N, General Manager at Courtyard Atlanta Airport North/Virginia Avenue, responded to this review, January 10, 2014

We apologize for not delivering the amenities on a timely manner, we have shared your comments with our team and our team is committed to make sure that all future guest that inquire about any supplies or shuttle will received the service on a timely manner depending.

New Haven, Connecticut
Reviewed November 5, 2013

First let me say I was traveling on business and requested this "preferred" hotel be removed from the company list. The rooms are dirty. The hotel is not located in a very good area at all and on top of this there was a bad domestic disturbance at 1 a.m. in the room next to me. I called to complain but not once was I asked if I was ok. My co-worker checked into another hotel for the 2nd night. Luckily I was able to return home. The Courtyard Chain has gone down hill; they are outdated and dirty.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank ETM06

We apologize for not delivering our service up to your standards, we have shared your comments with our team and our team is committed to make sure that every guest's safety is our number 1 priory and also proving service in a timely manner is a must.

Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed October 31, 2013

Summary:
* Stayed October 19th, one night.
* Hotel looked recently renovated.
* Free parking but inconvenient parking lot repavement project which created a shortage of parking spots. Parking lot somewhat dark especially near trees.
* Lobby very dark but it was clean with friendly and helpful front desk staff.
* Hidden charge of $20 not shared on website if you utilize a Visa/MasterCard debit card for incidentals. Refunded on to your card but it may take several days.
* Room was just okay. I was somewhat concerned when I was hit in the face upon entering the room by a spider web.
* Bathroom showed wear and tear with some mold near bathtub.
* Overall room decor was not my taste (burgunday, mustard paint colors created dark environment).
* Bedding was clean and comfortable but the bed was low and saggy.
* View of the pool was nice.
* Neighborhood was not the greatest but had many options for dinner. Felt comfortable driving around for dinner options but probably would not walk.

Overall decent stay but will probably not stay again due to dark decor and hidden fees.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed October 30, 2013

Dates of Stay: Saturday, August 31st - Sunday, September 1st, 2013

We were in town to purchase an automobile. After an exhausting day of dealing with the car dealership, and me not feeling well, we decided to spend the night. Since this was Labor Day weekend, our Friday night hotel was sold out, and this was the only available Marriott hotel.

The hotel was clean, comfortable, and what you would expect from Marriott's Courtyard brand. What impressed me the most was the staff. The front desk staff was very warm, friendly, and hospitable. They really seemed to enjoy their jobs. I was in a foul mood upon arriving, but their lighthearted, yet professional interaction with one another, myself and other guests was infectious, and they put a smile on my face. So thank you for making my day a little brighter!

We asked about nearby restaurant suggestions, and they gave us three viable options. I also asked for a nearby pharmacy or grocery store, and they provided me with a map and directions. In addition, they offer complimentary WiFi, parking, and a shuttle to the airport.

The next time I'm in need of an airport hotel, I will definitely make the Courtyard Atlanta Airport North/Virginia Avenue my first choice.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hapeville
Hilton Atlanta Airport
Atlanta Airport Marriott
Atlanta Airport Marriott
#4 of 26 in College Park
Hyatt Place Atlanta Airport North

Been to Courtyard Atlanta Airport North/Virginia Avenue? Share your experiences!