Courtyard Atlanta Airport North/Virginia Avenue
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Hapeville
Reviewed November 28, 2012

Great location, Great hotel and Great staff..Would def stay here again. Clean and comfy and we left our car there for a week with no problems while we traveled out of the country. Shuttle service was great and on time. Way to go Marriott. Thanks for being so clean. You make me rest easy!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed October 23, 2012 via mobile

This was my first stay in this hotel. They have me a suite which is nice. The room was near and clean. Overall an average place.

The thing I did not lie was that my room was located in the back overlooking the interstate. The road noise is constant.I hoped that it would die down at night, but it didn't. It's tough to talk on the phone. It's even harder to sleep through the night.

If you stay at this hotel, I recommend you ask for an interior facing room. It would be much quieter.

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed October 15, 2012

We arrived at this hotel late at night and were initially treated well by the hotel staff. We had an early international flight and waited for the airport shuttle at 7:45 am the following morning. The shuttle did not show up on time and we became concerned that we may be late for our flight. I am a frequent traveler and have been loyal to Marriott due to the good service and reward program. This became an absolute nightmare. The driver of the shuttle was not showing up for the airport on time. We saw a Marriott shuttle parked at the sister property. Because we were concerned of the tardiness of the driver (International flight), we ran there and had to force the doors of the bus open in desperation. The driver was having coffee with the hotel staff of the other property. When he entered the shuttle, now close to 15 minutes later, he forcefully threw our expensive luggage on the floor and gave no acknowledgement to us for being there. He broke the zipper of my Tumi carry-on in his anger. We then went to the first terminals where he opened the door and assisted the other local Atlanta passengers. When we came to our terminal for our flight, he pulled up and opened the doors without recognizing our existance. This was the rudest experience I have seen and I would question the Marriott in Atlanta for their integrity with customer serviece. I am a Marriott Gold member and have stayed in Marriotts well over fifty nights this year. I would never stay there again based on the racism of the shuttle driver. I am considering changing my hotel membership to Starwood or Hilton based on the extreme disrespect of the shuttle driver that is employed with Marriott in Atlanta North Airport. Do not stay here unless you do not want to be racially segregated. The Marriott should terminate employment with this driver.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Eric W
Reviewed September 24, 2012

I booked this hotel through Priceline and am always happy when my "name your own price' turns up a Marriott Courtyard. This hotel chain is always clean, updated and well-managed. This particular hotel was no different. The room was bright, good-sized and comfortable. The bathroom was also nice and well-appointed. The hotel is located just off Virginia Avenue, two miles from the airport. There was no restaurant in the hotel, but there were a number of sports bars and a Ruby Tuesday's just a block away. It has easy access to the interstate. I enjoyed my stay very much.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 4, 2012

We made reservations with a group of eight families. We were the third family to arrive. The first family had reserved a double/double and been given a king. Then they were put in a room which already had guests. Their third room had the correct beds but smelled horrible. We proceeded to check in. Our first room was already occupied. Our second room was unoccupies but smelled like it hadn't been opened in quite a while. Breakfast has been pre-arranged. We received a bagel, muffin or granola bar and juice or milk. There were no fresh toiletries placed in the rooms when they were cleaned. Asked for a disposable razor at the desk and was told to buy one. No one ever apologized or said I am sorry for the error or anything. The room mix ups happened to over half of our families. Wow! Not typical of a Marriott property!!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 26, 2012

This morning with Atlanta's hottest weather here, sat in the courtyard having coffee, chased with ice water. The green grass, sparkling pool, and spacious confines provided enough shade even through10am to make the gentle breeze wonderful under an azure blue sky. Perfect.,
Such easy access to the airport and Atlanta next to a not too noisy I-85 or airport, this hotel has a lot to offer. My spot was right behind the lobby via an easy door to complimentary coffee and a relaxing decor lobby. It is what it is in design and branding but it is NICE. This particular hotel is to be commended for its staff and its effort, My room was squeaky clean, new feeling, comfortable, quiet, and COOL. Really enjoyed the stay.

Room Tip: To avoid ANY Expressway noise at all, ask for courtyard facing rooms. Second choice would be rooms...