“Great place to stay when near the airport”

Residence Inn Atlanta Airport North/Virginia Avenue
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Hapeville
Reviewed March 23, 2013

The Residence Inn is always a good choice if you like to relax in the room and have some extra space around you. The rooms are in great shape and the beds very comfortable. Esay in and out with only two floors.
Breakfast was better than expected with a friendly staff. We were given a free upgrade to a two bedroom suite that worked out great as were splitting a room with another another couple before flying out the next day.

Room Tip: Get up in time to enjoy the breakfast
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed March 18, 2013

Place falling apart. Our bathroom door would not shut. Sofa had a huge dip in it. Pillows were uncomfortable. Very odd odor in room. Room just didn't feel or smell clean. The locating of the hotel is very depressing. From someone that travels monthly on business, I couldn't find anything to like about this location.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank BusinessTravelDiva
Reviewed March 17, 2013

I frequently stay in ATL, this was my first time to the Residence Inn. I was upgraded to a 2 bed 2 bath suite which was really nice....more space than I needed. The check in lady was very friendly, told me about the free breakfast in the morning and a bit about the hotel. The only complaint was the room was a bit warm, so I turned the air conditioning on...had a odor to it so I turned it off and opened up a window. The hotel is tucked away a little but is still walking distance to all the resturants up on Virgina Ave. I will for sure stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 17, 2013

I recently traveled to Atlanta from the Tampa area to do some home shopping with my family (my wife and son). Normally we stay with family, but sleeping on a blow up mattress was not my idea of comfort therefore we decided to book a hotel at the Residence Inn (Airport/Hapeville area). When we arrived I was greeted by Ramona at the registration desk and she provided me with information regarding restaurants in the local area and also showed me where my room was located. Ramona has GREAT customer service skills and was very helpful. Driving around the hotel you will see that there are not alot of parking spots (I am not sure if this due to the hotel sharing parking with the Courtyard next door), so if you are out and come back to the hotel late at night there is a possibility that you may have to park further away from your room. I forgot to mention that all of the rooms are outdoor access only (meaning that they are not connected to the hotel lobby; you we be exposed to the outdoor weather elements once you leave your room). This wasn't an issue for my wife and I, but some people have a preference when it comes to these types of hotels. When I first walked into our hotel room I was surprised to see that it was a TWO BEDROOM SUITE and not the one bedroom that I had previously chosen. The rooms have a split floor plan with both bedrooms on each side and the kitchen/living room in the middle. It is very welcoming and it reminds me of a small apartment. After we were settled in, the hotel rooms phone rang and it was Ramona from registration. She called to make sure that everything was to my liking and she informed me that my room was upgraded from a one bedroom to a two bedroom! Once again, great customer service from Ramona. Over the next two days, our stay was great. If I did have one complaint it would be about the lack of sound proofing around the plumbing and ceiling. We had a room of the bottom floor (there are one two floors by the way) and we could here each footstep that our neighbor(s) on the second floor took. I never saw this individual, but when they walked the ceiling squeaked...I also noticed that when they used the shower I could hear the plumbing (which awoke me this morning and initiated this review :)). Overall, I would give this hotel a four out of five. I would definitely stay here again, but I would stay in the second floor as opposed to the first floor.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the second floor to avoid squeaking ceilings; Check-in early; Cook in your room so...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 15, 2013

First impression was good. Very friendly check in. Room seemed to be somewhat overpriced for all of our discounts. Ended up using my rewards points though. Room was nice. Very clean. Bed and pillows were not to my personal taste-but might be for others. Just a personal opinion here. Was delighted to see a fireplace in room, until I found there was no firelogs. Only available for sale! For price, first one should have have been included in room price. Dinner was hamburgers and hot dogs. Buns completely cold. Only had hamburger so cannot comment on hot dog. Salad was fresh. Only one selection for beer or wine. What made it all unacceptable was that we requested a wake up call as we had an early flight out. Husband just happened to wake up! No wake up call! Checked on it while waiting for shuttle-none had been recorded although we spoke to desk clerk in person after having dinner. Usually stay at another location and have never had this problem there. Also a variety of beer and a choice of wine! Would not even consider staying here again although it may be a newer property. Stay with what you know and have never been disappointed in service!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 22, 2013

My family stayed at the Residence Inn near the ariport and had a great stay. The rooms were super clean and we had a great stay. The lady at the front desk was very friendly and helpful. The stay was overall very smooth.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 19, 2013

The hotel is near the airport. A shuttle to the airport leaves every 30 minutes. It has excellent staff . The rooms are big with big kitchens which is perfect for long stay. The gym is a bit small though . The breakfast is decent for the price. There are many places to eat around the hotel .. some even at a walking distance. Its right next to courtyard where we went frequently in the evenings after dinner for coffee/tea and desserts .

Room Tip: Take the ones near the reception
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hapeville
Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlanta Airport North
Courtyard Atlanta Airport North/Virginia Avenue
Staybridge Suites Atlanta Airport
Holiday Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport - North
Renaissance Atlanta Airport Gateway Hotel
Hilton Atlanta Airport
Hilton Atlanta Airport
#91 of 174 in Atlanta

Been to Residence Inn Atlanta Airport North/Virginia Avenue? Share your experiences!