“probably never again”

Residence Inn Atlanta Airport North/Virginia Avenue
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Hapeville
Reviewed March 15, 2013

First impression was good. Very friendly check in. Room seemed to be somewhat overpriced for all of our discounts. Ended up using my rewards points though. Room was nice. Very clean. Bed and pillows were not to my personal taste-but might be for others. Just a personal opinion here. Was delighted to see a fireplace in room, until I found there was no firelogs. Only available for sale! For price, first one should have have been included in room price. Dinner was hamburgers and hot dogs. Buns completely cold. Only had hamburger so cannot comment on hot dog. Salad was fresh. Only one selection for beer or wine. What made it all unacceptable was that we requested a wake up call as we had an early flight out. Husband just happened to wake up! No wake up call! Checked on it while waiting for shuttle-none had been recorded although we spoke to desk clerk in person after having dinner. Usually stay at another location and have never had this problem there. Also a variety of beer and a choice of wine! Would not even consider staying here again although it may be a newer property. Stay with what you know and have never been disappointed in service!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed February 22, 2013

My family stayed at the Residence Inn near the ariport and had a great stay. The rooms were super clean and we had a great stay. The lady at the front desk was very friendly and helpful. The stay was overall very smooth.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 19, 2013

The hotel is near the airport. A shuttle to the airport leaves every 30 minutes. It has excellent staff . The rooms are big with big kitchens which is perfect for long stay. The gym is a bit small though . The breakfast is decent for the price. There are many places to eat around the hotel .. some even at a walking distance. Its right next to courtyard where we went frequently in the evenings after dinner for coffee/tea and desserts .

Room Tip: Take the ones near the reception
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed January 14, 2013 via mobile

This is a great little hotel.

Everything looks brand new and in perfect condition.: rooms, beds, tennis court, lobby, etc.

The breakfast is VERY good and complete for this kind of hotel. It includes well-cooled scrambled eggs.

Would definitely recommend it.

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed December 21, 2012

I travel 27 or more weeks per year on business travel so I stay at a lot of Residence Inn properties and usually have no compliants about the brand. This particular one I found to be above average. The free food they serve in the evenings was by far the best of any Residence Inn I have stayed at. The staff was very friendly. The property is close to many food options. The pool is outdoors, so it was closed for the winter, but the hot tub was available. The breakfast is the usual for the brand - a free hot breakfast is included. Very close to the airport and easy access to downtown. Free wireless is included.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 28, 2012

I am currently sitting on the sofa in the living room of my 2 bedroom suite at the Residence Inn. I have a business meeting at a nearby hotel every year which also happens to be a Marriott brand. I have a 2 year old and a husband who have come with me. Being in this hotel is as close to being at home as possible. By the time you factor in free parking, free shuttle, free full hot breakfast, free wifi, and the free bbq night, (not to mention it's pet friendly!! I couldn't have stayed at the hotel where my business meeting was for this level of value (even at block rates!). If you're traveling on a budget, there is a full kitchen with all stainless appliances and granite countertops - there are even ample pots and pans if you'd like to save money by dining in at night. The hotel will even deliver your groceries to you at no additional fee! It's too cold to try out the pool, but we have purchased a composite log to burn in the fireplace during our dinner since our toddler is asleep for the evening. If the baby weren't traveling with us, we'd definitely unwind in the hot tub by the pool.

The staff here is extremely friendly, from the front desk to the shuttle drivers. My experience at other hotel brands this close to the city has not always been so nice.

I have stayed in other hotels that boast of "suites" but they're nothing more than couches in bedrooms. If you want privacy and a home-like apartment feel, you won't find it elsewhere. I will certainly continue to make this an annual pick for my business meeting or anytime I fly out of ATL.

Room Tip: The 2 bedroom suite is the ultimate in privacy - it features 2 bathrooms as well. The entry door is...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 28, 2012

Checked-in late (around 10pm). No issues. Was upgraded to a two-bedroom suite (nice!) even though I was alone on this trip. Huge suites, I mean really spacious. Breakfast was included, but I was on an early flight out, so could not comment on it. Easy 5-min drive to the airport. Only negative about this property is that it's not easy to find. I literally spent an extra 15 minutes trying to find its location.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hapeville
Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlanta Airport North
Courtyard Atlanta Airport North/Virginia Avenue
Holiday Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport - North
Staybridge Suites Atlanta Airport
Renaissance Atlanta Airport Gateway Hotel
Hilton Atlanta Airport
Hilton Atlanta Airport
#90 of 174 in Atlanta

Been to Residence Inn Atlanta Airport North/Virginia Avenue? Share your experiences!