“A delightful gem”
Review of Maison LaVigne

Maison LaVigne
Ranked #1 of 1 Hapeville B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 5, 2011

Maison LaVigne was a wonderful B&B. The owner, Eileen, is a Paris-trained chef and we delighted in her French cooking. She also owns a French cafe down the street, so we enjoyed a lunch there too. We had a great breakfast in her kitchen and felt right at home. I loved the little extra touches, like a wonderfully fluffy bathrobe in the bathroom and a real mohair blanket from France! Not much to do in Hapeville, but it was a perfect place to stay near Atlanta!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ctabbott
There are newer reviews for Maison LaVigne

Reviewed June 5, 2010

Arriving late in the day from the west coast and not wanting to drive too far the first night, I found this B and B online. It's only 10 minutes from the airport. What a find! The rooms were fabulous, the breakfast even better than that and the hostess went out of her way to help us. She waited for our late arrival and then let us follow her to a local restaurant.

I really liked the very French looking decor. It very much reflected her personality and was a stark contrast to the cookie cutter look of most hotels and even many B and B's. The porch was a very comfortable place to read our morning papers or check our email. The breakfast was top notch, prepared in the kitchen where we sat on a comfortable table conversing with her as she prepared it.

In addition to a convenient stopping place, this could serve as a base for exploring Atlanta and the region around it. It would be a calm oasis after a busy day of sightseeing.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 4, 2010

I normally find only chain hotels near major airports, and in looking for one for a brief stay I found this amazing exception. On a short trip I stayed for two nights and I was charmed both by the hostess and the house..

Located in quiet, leafy neighborhood, the house is stately and completely comfortable; the day I was there the outdoor temperature was in the low 80's but my room was cool and restful. Being near the airport you might expect noise, but there was none. And yet the morning I left I was returning my rental car less than 10 minutes after leaving the B&B.

Eileen is a great cook in her own right and runs a restaurant (Cafe at the Corner) just a block away which you should not miss. She is flexible, charming and funny, and provides just the right amount of attention.

Maison la Vigne is the epitome of what a B&B should be.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank aswatkins
Reviewed December 15, 2009

I travel frequently for work and used to stay in hotels. I now stay in B & B and my trip this weekend confirmed my choice to stay in B & Bs. Eileen was the nicest host even when my flight was delayed til 1 a.m. She is an amazing cook, ask for turkey sausage!

I would stay here every time I travel to Atlanta.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed November 27, 2009

Eileen is a superb hostess. The food she prepared was fabulous. We hope to visit again.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 19, 2009

We stayed for three nights and were treated so well. Food was wonderful, and our host even cooked a special meal for us and our friends. The place was clean and comfortable and had friendly pets. Ideal for a stop close to the airport and near the city.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 11, 2009

The accomodations are wonderful. It is all the comfort and luxury that I wish I had at home. Eileen is a gracious hostess and sees to your every need. The breakfast is wonderful.

We also had dinner, and it was the best meal we had during our stay.

Stayed: August 2009, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hapeville
Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlanta Airport North
Hilton Atlanta Airport
Hilton Atlanta Airport
#89 of 172 in Atlanta
Holiday Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport - North
Best Western Plus Atlanta Airport-East
Drury Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Atlanta Airport North

Been to Maison LaVigne? Share your experiences!