“Disappointed:(”

Cuisines: Barbecue, Seafood, Bar
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed February 19, 2013 via mobile

I Was in ATL on business, so my group decided to go to this restaurant because I saw them on kitchen nightmare. The owner (hostess) was a lovely woman, the staff was super friendly and thea atmosphere was great, like a nice home feeling. But that was it. The food was awful. All 6 of my associates were disappointed. Cold sides, dry meat, and they messed up our favorite down home sweet tea. Its a shame since I really wanted to love the place. Woukd never eat there again.

3  Thank ikandi

Reviewed February 18, 2013

We ate here on part of our honeymoon road trip because we are big Gordon Ramsay fans and wanted to know how this place was doing since the show. We were traveling through Atlanta anyway, so it was a good location for us. The service was friendly and attentive, but the food was mediocre.

First, they were out of mashed potatoes (no biggie) and mozzerella sticks, which were substituted with fried green tomatoes when the appetizers were brought out (we were not informed before hand). The drinks we ordered came with our entree (20 minutes after we sat down), so we drank water with our fried green tomatoes. I ordered a Bombay Saphire martini and was handed a drink that was clearly not what I ordered. It was a cheap, clear gin and there were no olives, something that always comes with a martini. We put in orders for another round right away (to avoid the same delay) and my drink was made wrong again. The bartender clearly needed a basic lesson in mixed drinks.

We decided to share the smoked meat platter. The brisket was dry, and the ribs were a little tough. The chicken wings, however, were delicious. My husband enjoed the sweet potato soufle, and we both thought the mac and cheese and baked beans were pretty good.

The place is beautiful, and we thought our waitress did a very nice job despite the obstacles of running out of food and a lousy bartender. It's not a place I'd go to again if I'm in Atlanta, however.

2  Thank CAV613
Reviewed December 17, 2012

A group of my friends decided to try Michon's to celebrate a birthday...It was bad from the begining..We sat up front for over 30 mintues and no one came to asked if we need to be seated. One of the people in our party tracked down an employee just to see how long it would be. The resturant was not busy there were tables everywhere. Once we got to the table the service was HORRIIBLE!!!! The food was the WORST i have every had. Everything was cold as ice. We over heard the sever said she had complaints all night about the food. it was a night mare. After complianting to the floor manger who was our sever wanted to fight a person in my party. I have never seen such an unprofessional staff before in my life. The sever stated she was the floor manager then she wants to fight..I will never eat here again!!!!

5  Thank lawana286
Reviewed October 17, 2012

Pros: Smoked ribs, smoked wings and the sweet potato soufflé
Cons: Box mashed potatoes (advertised as smashed), potato salad, non-brewed iced tea

I've been trying to fit this place in on my schedule for what seems like months now. In the evenings, it turns into a lively club atmosphere (which doesn't compute with my kids). I finally get there and I guess my hopes were too high. My pros that I listed are solid. I would come back just for those three, but the cons are what stalled me from really liking the restaurant. The service was ok but nothing spectacular. Our waiter did what he could to swap out their misses with solid entrees but all in all I was disappointed.

2  Thank ElPresidenteGrande
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Well this was our Sunday stop for lunch and boy we were happy about it ! Michon's is a very nice quiet restaurant with very good food.We all 4 had the Sunday Buffet which consisted of salad,rice,bbq rib tips w/gravy,whitefish, collards,Mac-n-cheese, veggie lasagna,and of course they're Famous Smoked Chicken wings. Everything was super good and the smoked wings outstanding,after the first 8 I started using the hot sauce as a wetting agent for them since there is no fat juice on them,The sauce is very mild hot sauce and perfect for this.The wings looked expensive at first until you realize these are the whole wing and quite large also,usual wings are sold by each piece where as these are whole or dbl that.Very very happy with the entire meal including the desert on buffet which was Big Momma' pound cake with whiskey/raspberry sauce yummmyyyy !!!!

Website http://www.michons.com/