“Yummy”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Atlanta, Georgia
“Yummy”
Reviewed June 17, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

This is just your everyday little BBQ restaurant. The smoked wings with sauces are to die for. Try the lemon pepper with mild sauce. The only thing is the wings are $1.00 a piece which is a bit much but they are smoked and not tiny at all so I guess that's why I keep getting them. The pulled pork sandwiches are good. I wasn't too happy with the rib tips though. They do have excellent lunch specials.

Visited June 2014

“Excellent! ”
Reviewed June 15, 2014 via mobile

A friend suggested that we meet him there for lunch while my husband and I were in town, I am do glad that he did!!!
This location is kinda hidden behind other buildings but worth finding. This is the best BBQ that I have had in a very long time.
The BBQ pork was tender flavorful and the sauce was amazing! My husband and I also shared ribs. They were absolutely perfect!
Don't miss the home-made cakes. We took a slice with us to eat on the road... One bite and I had to finish it, not even 20 minutes out of town!
Well worth the price that was very reasonable!

Ormskirk, United Kingdom
“Absolute gem”
Reviewed May 18, 2014 via mobile

I was staying at the airport Hilton for a few days on business and wanted to try some local cuisine. The Pit boss BBQ was the best 8 minute walk I have taken!
It has a pretty basic set up, hybrid restaurant/take away but it's not about the surroundings, the food is just amazing.
I tried a mix of meats, ribs, brisket and chopped chicken. Wow!
We don't have anything like this in the UK, I really wish we did. The food was melt in the mouth perfect!
I went back for a second time and the guy I presume is Pit Boss gave me a little tour of the cooking area, it smelt incredible, a real Adam Richman moment!
If you want a man v food pig out moment with terrific food, I'd definitely recommend. The food leaves some very high end restaurants I have been to in the shade.
No pretension or B/S, just great food!
Thanks Pit Boss! The memory of that food will last a long time!

Visited May 2014
Salem
“Worth the walk from the hotel”
Reviewed May 7, 2014

I stayed at one of the local hotels north of the airport on business and did a quick search for restaurants on the computer, and lo and behold, this gem showed up. Mmmmmm, good! It was only about 6-8 blocks from where I was staying and definitely the best choice for lunch and dinner. Food is great, service is fast, and very friendly. I'm from the NW and while we have great microbrews and coffee shacks, we don't have BBQ, and this place makes me think we need to figure out how to bring it over....

• Visited May 2014
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Still the best BBQ in ATL”
Reviewed May 6, 2014 via mobile

This place hasn't changed much over the years, but when the food is already delicious, that's a good thing! The aroma of the smoker is all over the restaurant. Don't expect 5 star conditions on the inside, but do expect a great meal filled with flavor.