“Excellent! ” 5 of 5 bubbles

Pit Boss BBQ
Ranked #3 of 27 Restaurants in Hapeville
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Television, Wheelchair Accessible
“Excellent! ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2014 via mobile

A friend suggested that we meet him there for lunch while my husband and I were in town, I am do glad that he did!!!
This location is kinda hidden behind other buildings but worth finding. This is the best BBQ that I have had in a very long time.
The BBQ pork was tender flavorful and the sauce was amazing! My husband and I also shared ribs. They were absolutely perfect!
Don't miss the home-made cakes. We took a slice with us to eat on the road... One bite and I had to finish it, not even 20 minutes out of town!
Well worth the price that was very reasonable!

Ormskirk, United Kingdom
“Absolute gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2014 via mobile

I was staying at the airport Hilton for a few days on business and wanted to try some local cuisine. The Pit boss BBQ was the best 8 minute walk I have taken!
It has a pretty basic set up, hybrid restaurant/take away but it's not about the surroundings, the food is just amazing.
I tried a mix of meats, ribs, brisket and chopped chicken. Wow!
We don't have anything like this in the UK, I really wish we did. The food was melt in the mouth perfect!
I went back for a second time and the guy I presume is Pit Boss gave me a little tour of the cooking area, it smelt incredible, a real Adam Richman moment!
If you want a man v food pig out moment with terrific food, I'd definitely recommend. The food leaves some very high end restaurants I have been to in the shade.
No pretension or B/S, just great food!
Thanks Pit Boss! The memory of that food will last a long time!

Visited May 2014
Salem
“Worth the walk from the hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2014

I stayed at one of the local hotels north of the airport on business and did a quick search for restaurants on the computer, and lo and behold, this gem showed up. Mmmmmm, good! It was only about 6-8 blocks from where I was staying and definitely the best choice for lunch and dinner. Food is great, service is fast, and very friendly. I'm from the NW and while we have great microbrews and coffee shacks, we don't have BBQ, and this place makes me think we need to figure out how to bring it over....

• Visited May 2014
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Still the best BBQ in ATL”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2014 via mobile

This place hasn't changed much over the years, but when the food is already delicious, that's a good thing! The aroma of the smoker is all over the restaurant. Don't expect 5 star conditions on the inside, but do expect a great meal filled with flavor.

Huntersville, North Carolina
“Hard to beat this BBQ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2014

I'm a certified BBQ Judge with 25+ years experience, and I'm telling you this is some of the very best retail BBQ I've ever had. And place has ambiance hands-down. A bit hidden behind a liquor store in Hapeville, about 10 minutes from ATL airport. They serve no liquor but you can buy beer at the liquor store and bring it in. It's not much more than a shack and can get real busy, including a lot of Delta traffic from their offices just down the street. You MUST try their wings that come in basted in flavors. Lemon pepper my favorite. The pulled pork sandwiches are among the best I've had. Brisket less impressive. You can smell the smoker from a block away when the wind is just right. Last time here was during a layover on way to Orlando. We had three hours and took a cab to get here and back.... cab cost twice as much as the dinner... but was worth every penny... if you like BBQ, this place is the real deal.

• Visited April 2014