“Towels of Sandpaper are priceless”

Western Inn & Suite Hampton
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Hampton
Euharlee, Georgia, United States
“Towels of Sandpaper are priceless”
Reviewed September 3, 2012

Close to Atlanta motorspeedway and nothing more than a place to lay your head. Stayed for extented stay for NASCAR race weekend @ two and half times normal rate. Stong smell of incense will send those with asthma running for inhalers. Towels are as ruff as sandpaper and mangement does not replace daily. I asked maid service, who was a few doors down cleaning, to place a couple extra towel in our room. Her respond was the manger has to ok her doing so. Called front desk...respond I had to bring towels to them for exchange.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Lisa A

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Georgia
Reviewed August 22, 2012

No major complaints really. It is in a perfect location if you are going to Atlanta Motor Speedway, just across the street. We were within an hour of pretty much any Atlanta hotspot...We went to Cheesecake Factory at the Cumberland Mall and were happy to be able to avoid the high Atlanta lodging prices by driving a few minutes back south. The lobby had an odd incense smell, and the walls were thin I think because our neighbors tv blared loudly into the night, but for the 49 bucks, it was well worth the money. We had no pool, but there was really no time for swimming so that was ok, and no pool was advertised so it wasn't like we were expecting to swim. There were no seperate outside doors outside of the building, meaning you had to walk through the entrance to go down the hallway to your room, but atleast it was secure this way. We were in room 107 which was the one queen bed room and the bed seemed small but hotel beds some times are smaller than regular beds. The soap was actually in dispensers which was kind of cool instead of those cheap little bars you usually get. There was a seperate dispenser for soap, conditioner, and shampoo in the shower as well. The continental breakfast was just that....no disappointment because we were expecting simple food and they had rather tasty cream cheese danishes, cereal, juice, milk, cookes, and coffee.

For the money and location, you really can't beat it...would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank americusgal
Savannah, Georgia
Reviewed September 3, 2011

Checked in to find bugs crawling on my bed. When I asked - no no no have bedbugs. Don't think they were bed bugs. Looked more like spiders. Just because of the race this place cost over $500 for 2 rooms for 2 nights. Asked to get me a new mattress and linen. Went into Atlanta had fun. Came back to the hotel - still have bugs in my bed and a dirty bedspread. The race is tomorrow. UGA playing, Braves playing, and race = no available places to stay in Atlanta! I was so excited to come here for the race tomorrow night and here I sit afraid to even walk on the floor. And yes to the other reviewer. The managers can barely speak English and they sure don't understand it.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank birdwatcher233

Travelers are raving about these Hampton hotels

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed October 12, 2010

I was greeted with a warm welcome and big SMILE.
My stay was really comfortable and worth staying at Western Inn Hampton
I thought the price was great according to the level of standards of room.
MUST MUST MUST MUST visit.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank Koo_10
Georgia
Reviewed November 16, 2009

Hotel itself wouldnt be too bad if it was actually cleaned and there was good management. The hotel is very close to everything. Breakfast is by no means "inncredible" as they state....stale bread and bagels in a ziploc bag with cold instant gravy in a home crockpot...seriously??? We had to wake attendant up in the morning so the team could have breakfast. She was sprawled on the couch with chips and candy sleeping. The day attendant couldnt be bothered while on her cell phone and the rest of the employees would prop the lobby door open so they could smoke outside and listen for the phone even though it was COLD outside and freeze the guests that were sitting in the lobby. One employee even had they child there sleeping on the couch all night. We seen guests leaving and said they would not be returning. It looks to me like therere is no management involvement whatsoever. Would not stay there again even for the cheap price.

Stayed November 2009, traveled with family
3 Thank mediawhite
Havre De Grace
Reviewed July 29, 2008

I chose this hotel because of its proximity toward the Atlanta Motor Speedway. Although the staff worked out a glitch when I booked a reservation months before because of a special weekend event at the Speedway, the room smelled stale and had an unwelcome visitor of a spider on the floor when I woke up one morning. The maintenance housekeeping does need attention since maid forgot to make bed when I returned to my room.

Although this hotel was no palace, I would recommend only if you are visiting because of Atlanta Motor Speedway to go back and forth. Had a nice Mexican restaurant within walking distance but restaurants in walking distance were few. Better to rent a car next time visiting.

• Liked — aaa rates
  • Disliked — environment
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
1 Thank dspMd
Tennessee
Reviewed January 24, 2008

I had the pleasure of staying at this hotel even though I was a little hesitant because I was warned not to go anywhere near this place. I took a chance because the person who warned me always has bad experiences. It was a pleasant stay. The young lady at the front desk was very friendly and she checked me in quickly and offered directions to my room. Also reminded me of the breakfast time and offered a cookie. The rate was not bad at $49.00 and I asked her what the rates would be for the race weekend. She told me and I was somewhat shocked. She told me to call around and check the other hotels and I would see that the rates were comparable being this hotel is across from the Atlanta Motor Speedway.
Well, the room was clean, breakfast was nice, I had a waffle, the hallway lights and side doors worked. I did not have any of the problems that I was warned against. I would stay here again during nonevent times. Once I compare rates with the other hotels, this may be my first choice during the special events. I have no problems and no issues with this hotel and I have already told another coworker of mine to stay here when he comes by in Feb. Maybe he can take advantage of the Valentine's Special lol!!!!!

• Liked — Clean Rooms
  • Disliked — No Dislikes
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank jpeging120
CHIHampton, General Manager at Western Inn & Suite Hampton, responded to this review, November 13, 2008
Thank you for the great review. The Country Hearth Inn management and staff.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hampton
Comfort Inn & Suites
Econo Lodge Inn & Suites
Comfort Suites McDonough
Comfort Suites McDonough
#10 of 21 in McDonough

Been to Western Inn & Suite Hampton? Share your experiences!