“Great Track and a Great Weekend!!”

Atlanta Motor Speedway
Ranked #1 of 9 things to do in Hampton
Reviewed September 13, 2012

We love going to Atlanta for the race! Use to go to both of them but now its just 1 race per year and its labor day weekend--this is a show!! There is always something going on during the 3 days at the track--they always have stuff for the whole family! We really love the Speedway Children's Charity Auction that weekend! Some really cool racing items to bid on! See you next year!

All reviews
"race track"
in 13 reviews
"rusty wallace racing experience"
in 6 reviews
"main event"
"pit pass"
"golf cart"

Reviewed September 7, 2012

The overall experience was good. I am just going to tell you the bad parts. Leaving the race is a nightmare. Bring a DVD player and watch a movie so you can just wait out the traffic. Don't eat the chicken fingers, they are by far the worst I ever had. The website is very ambiguous about what you can and can't get access to with the type of ticket you buy. I bought $50 a piece tickets, just got to see vendors and the race, none of the pre-race activities. You are going to shell out a lot of money for that. Be very careful when you are buying tickets if you want to smoke and/or drink alcohol while watching the race because they don't tell you upfront but a very large portion of their seating is free of both of these.

Reviewed September 6, 2012

I live in Florida and have been here 4 times. Been to 6 different Nascar tracks and Atlanta is my fav!

Reviewed September 5, 2012

Our first time at a Nascar Race was Sunday night. What an experience it was! I envisioned horrible traffic for both before and after the race but that was not the case. They had two lanes entering heading south on Rt. 19. We easily entered the "red" parking lot. We had quite a walk to the track, but enjoyed watching everyone tailgating before the race. Leaving the parking lot after the race was faster than entering. They obviously know what they are doing to enable everyone to get in and out easily. As for the race, I didn't realize it would be so loud! But I was prepared with both ear plugs and headphones. We were seated up under the metal roof, which made the noise even worse. It was a long way up and down when you wanted refreshments or to use the bathroom. Food and drinks are a bit pricey, but they are at most sporting events. I paid $5 for a sweet tea - the same size you get at most fast food places for $1. If you've never experienced a Nascar race, I highly recommend attending.

See more reviews
Reviewed September 5, 2012

First ,i must apologise for the bad spelling i use, but you will get the jist of it. I am a frequent visitor to Nascar tracks in the Southeast. I have never had such hospitality given to me before as i did at Atlanta Motor Speedway. The people working there were nice and willing to help you or point you in the right direction to get you where you wanted to go. Track shuttle drivers were friendly and would stop if they saw you walking and ask if they could take you anywhere. Though it was a free service, we tipped them very good as it was sooooo hot!
A lot of the other tracks could learn from these people. These people driving the shuttles didn't care that I wasn't a young buck with a six pack abs or a beauty queen...lol
Bathrooms were clean for the most part but is a 24/7 job on race weekends. Some ventitation also in them.Theres not much you can do about the smell in there as we all know what goes on but the temp was about 20 degrees higher inside.
I will be back and look foward to another great weekend on the infield