“A Taste of Southern Hospitality”

Holly House of Hamilton
Ranked #1 of 2 Hamilton B&B and Inns
Timber Cove Ca
“A Taste of Southern Hospitality”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2014

My wife and I booked 2 nights at the Holly House en route to our sons graduation from Basic training at Ft Benning. When we arrived at the house it was just as the website described, wonderful Victorian home renovated with complete detail. Judy gave us a tour of the house, showing us every room and educating us on the history of Holly House as she knew it, very interesting. Our room was upstairs, bathroom was clean, bed was comfortable and the thermostatically controlled AC/heating system was quiet and functioned perfectly. Breakfast was wonderful. The first day Judy prepared an individual quiche for each of us with a third if needed, a parfait with a homemade blueberry mix topped with vanilla yogurt and sweet sliced strawberries, fresh squeezed orange juice and a wonderful blackberry coffee cake that was perfect, not to sweet and of course homemade. My wife mentioned she liked biscuits and gravy so that was on the menu the second day. Fresh biscuits served with two types of gravy on the side, one plain and one heavy on sausage, fresh sliced tomatoes, a plate of scrambled eggs cooked to perfection, moist, fluffy and not the least bit singed and a pitcher of very light peach juice. Both meals were plated perfectly, on time, and you could not walk away hungry.

I could go on about all the rest but the other reviews say it all. If you get a chance to meet the neighbors Bill and Faith do it, they are both complete characters and you may get lucky enough to get a tour of their reptile zoo, highly entertaining. Thanks Judy!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Erik O

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Moscow Mills, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2014

Since our son was graduating from Ft. Benning in April, we made reservations to stay overnight at Holly House of Hamilton, and I am so glad that we did!

Because of our travel itinerary, our arrival time was outside of regular business hours, and I worried if we would be able to find a place to fit our needs. Holly House was that place.

From the moment we arrived we were welcomed by a smiling Judy, and breathtaking Victorian charm.

My husband, son & I stayed in the Journey Room, which had an additional adjoining bedroom and a stunning sitting room. We enjoyed satellite TV, wi-fi, and snacks provided by Judy and her husband and located in the guest kitchen downstairs. Yes. I said guest kitchen. The guests have access to a kitchen, off the main kitchen, filled to the brim with snacks, homemade cookies (which my son still raves about to do this day!) soft drinks, a coffee pot, tea, as well cups & utensils. Not to mention a refrigerator, freezer and microwave.

The beauty of Holly House begs for a tour and Judy was more than happy to give us one. The tour definitely added to the enjoyment of our trip. Finding out the history of the B&B, the stories behind the rooms, antique furniture and small town was worth the stay all by itself.

The day we arrived Judy asked our breakfast requests and the morning of our breakfast she did not disappoint. I love spinach and my omelet overflowed with it. The peach juice and berry hot tea added to my breakfast enjoyment and made it a meal to remember.

I did not get a chance to drink the orange juice and I regret it horribly. My 20-year-old son said it was the best orange juice he has ever had, bar none.

Our stay was nowhere near long enough to enjoy the charm, ambiance and friendliness that was shared with us at Holly House of Hamilton. I look forward to righting that wrong in the future with a much longer stay.

Judy not only showed the professionalism of a business owner, but the grace of a hostess and the kindness of a friend. Holly House is definitely the place to stay.

Highly recommended.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Birmingham, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2014

My parents gave my husband and I a two night stay at the Holly House for Christmas after they stayed there and loved it themselves. We took our trip in late March and absolutely fell in love with the house AND with Judy! If anyone was ever meant to run her own B&B, it would be Judy. She is an absolute people pleaser and goes above and beyond to make sure everyone feels welcome, comfortable, and cared for. She even gave me a "Hoppy Birthday" gift since my birthday is in close proximity to Easter!

Every room was decorated with the upmost attention to detail and every room contains so much history! I could spend a whole day just looking around the house and learning the stories behind the pictures, furniture, instruments, etc. I was especially enthralled with the old player piano in the parlor.

As for the breakfasts, they were the best I have ever had. They were not only delicious, but so beautiful and festive, as well! I especially LOVED the peach croissants with the homemade whipped cream and the ham and cheese quiche. Everything was garnished beautifully, as well. I usually choose hot tea over coffee, and she was fully stocked with many different ones to choose from.

We stayed in the Romance Room and loved it. Although it was right across the hall from the dining room and right down the hall from the front door, it was still quiet and peaceful. I loved the extra large shower.

My husband and I really enjoyed the walking trail right behind the house, although you can tell the city is still working on it to make it a pretty walk. We also loved sitting out on the porch swing. It was beautiful out there.

I highly recommend staying here to anyone of all ages. It is so close to Callaway Gardens (which we loved), FDR's white house, Pine Mountain, and a Wild Animal Safari. Also, if you want to go to a movie or go shopping, a nice area of Columbus is only 20 minutes away. The Holly House of Hamilton is the best B&B experience we have ever had and I miss Judy. I really felt she became much more than just the owner of the Holly House. She became a friend.

• Stayed March 2014
Savannah, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2014

Stayed overnight en route to Callaway Gardens from Atlanta. Judy was most accommodating and we appreciated the attention to detail including proper English loose tea at breakfast from Harrods too! It is a charming Victorian establishment located conveniently for trips to Callaway Gardens (also highly recommended). We stayed in the Victorian Countryside so to speak, which is perfect for travel buddies with twin beds galore! Thank you Judy for the yummy apple muffins that we saved for tea time. Hope to return in the not too distant future for a longer stay!

Room Tip: The Victorian Countryside is ideal for travel buddies but would recommend Inspired by Nature room fo...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Judy A, Owner at Holly House of Hamilton, responded to this review, November 13, 2014
This is one of my favorite reviews! I had to look up the definition of Quintessentially Victoriana but when I did was so encouraged. Thank you! Sharing this lovely home from the Victorian era yet making it relevant and updated for today's traveler provides a unique experience from another time and place! I enjoyed your stay and feeling very proper and am glad you were happy too!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2014

This was our second stop on a road trip starting in Raleigh, NC traveling through NC, SC, Georgia, and Florida. The Holly House was a wonderful place to stop. Our room was nicely decorated and very comfortable. We stayed only one night and wished we could have stayed longer. Judy was a wonderful host and our breakfast was delicious ........and yes, the cookies were great too........in fact, she packed up some cookies for our ride (which were gone before we reached our next destination!!). Thank you, Judy!!!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2014

We were 10 ladies spending the weekend at Holly House of Hamilton....it was my first time but the other ladies had been here before. Our wonderful hostess Judy, met us at the door, making us feel welcomed right away. The rooms were all large, beautifully decorated, clean, spacious and the bed was comfortable too. Breakfast in the morning was delicious. I have a sweet tooth and she had two different cookies and brownies for us...Yummy! That made the weekend special for me. We really had a great time and enjoyed ourselves so much that before we left, we booked another weekend for the end of Summer.

Thanks, Judy!!!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Englewood, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2014

This was our first destination on our bed and breakfast road trip. We stayed there for two nights and had a ball with our hostess Judy. She went out of her way to ensure that we had a wonderful stay. She treated us like family and was very personable.
Home baked cookies were presented upon arrival and were available throughout our stay. We thoroughly enjoyed breakfast and Judy did a fabulous job accommodating a restricted diet.
We even enjoyed the walking trail behind the bed and breakfast one morning for some light exercise. It is in a great location, well worth the visit and a perfect spot for some well needed rest and relaxation!

Room Tip: The Victorian Countryside room has ample space.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hamilton
The Lodge and Spa at Callaway Gardens
#4 of 5 in Pine Mountain
Hampton Inn Lagrange near Callaway Gardens
Wingate by Wyndham LaGrange
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Columbus North

Been to Holly House of Hamilton? Share your experiences!