“authentic victorian b and b”

Holly House of Hamilton
Ranked #1 of 2 Hamilton B&B and Inns
Reviewed December 25, 2013

Very charming home. Judy was warm and welcoming. Gave us some history on her treasures. Every room was a different theme. The rooms are nicely decorated and cosy. Our room was very spacious. The back porch had rocking chairs which we enjoyed as we sipped some delicious coffee while watching the chickadees and cardinals. Every room had a Christmas tree, decorated in a different theme. Breakfast was great as was our charming hostess, Judy.

Room Tip: All's rooms are beautifully appointed.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed December 5, 2013

This was our first experience staying at a B&B and it couldn't have been better! Judy was such a wonderful host. She asked what we wanted for breakfast and whipped up a delicious home cooked meal. We especially loved the tour of the house and learning about its history. Judy has decorated the house so beautifully and the themes for each room were perfect. The house was so warm and inviting, we felt so comfortable, we didn't want to leave. Unfortunately we only stayed one night but we are already planning a weekend in the Spring to come back!
Thank you Judy! Danine and Harvey

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 28, 2013

We enjoyed three relaxing nights and three wonderful breakfasts at Judy's beautiful Victorian dream house. The rooms were comfortably appointed, with adorable little touches that made each one unique and homey. Because we opted (at the last moment) to stay an extra night, we actually had the chance to stay n two different rooms in one visit (as our first room was promised to another for that last evening.) Our bedroom the first night was large and comfortable, with a couch and a great recliner in front of the tv. The suite we stayed in on the last night was upstairs, and it was huge! Plenty big enough for a family with children. and it had two day beds in place for little ones to sleep in already in place (we used the one for a TV couch!).

We love visiting inns when we travel, and we are already planning another stay at the Holly House. It is a perfect location for visits to Columbus or for folks like us who want to spend time hiking the miles and miles of trails at Roosevelt State Park but aren't really into the whole "camping in cold, wet weather" thing. A soft, warm bed and a hot, delicious breakfast are the ticket, and Judy's wonderful home has both for a price comparable to the boxy chain hotel up the street. It's no contest. Stay with Judy.

Room Tip: Upstairs suites have King beds. downstairs are all queen. The Nature Suite is quiet at the back of t...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 21, 2013

My sister and I spent one night and were sorry we hadn't booked more. Our room reflected Judy's attention to detail, and our stay was relaxing. Breakfast the following morning was wonderful. Our meal was served on Blue Ridge Pottery. As we are collectors, this was a real treat. We hope to visit again to share Judy's dream and enjoy Callaway Gardens while we're in the area.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 17, 2013

This was a fabulous experience!!!For a quiet family getaway,this is a FANTASTIC place to visit! We stayed this past weekend for my birthday-and being here was part of what made everything so special. Everything was wonderful---the room, decor,cleanliness, breakfast,-and especially the owner Ms. Judy!! She is a super host! I can’t describe how wonderful, classy and caring she is. Ms. Judy is a very welcoming lady that would probably share the world with you, if you asked. She even packed a bag of homemade cookies to take home for my 4 year old daughter.
Highly recommend to visit this place to all my friends and relatives. It’s one of kind.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 3, 2013

We consider ourselves to have been really lucky to have stayed at this beautiful house (the photos on the website dont do it justice). The warm welcome and attention lavished on us was greatly appreciated. Nothing was too much trouble as our host Judy obviously took great pleasure in ensuring we were happy. The food provided for our breakfast during our four day stay was all home cooked and as we are from the Uk we were provided with lots of English tea and cakes. We would highly recommend a stay to anyone as we know that they would not be disappointed with any aspect of their stay . Pat, James and Hannah

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 23, 2013

What a wonderful weekend I spent at Holly House! I went alone for a quick getaway from my everyday life and was greeted at the door by the owner, Judy, who made me feel as though I were coming home. The house is large and welcoming. It's super clean and tidy with fascinating artwork and furnishings. I slept on a wonderful memory foam mattress. In the morning, I didn't have to eat what was on the menu. Judy asked me what I wanted for breakfast and prepared exactly that and brought it to my room. There's a walking path out back that runs for about a mile among shade trees and ends at a brook. Totally peaceful. You can sit on the back porch and relax or play pool or other games in the rec room. This was exactly what I needed. It's close to Callaway Gardens and there are great antique shops within walking distance. I plan to return again. It was picture perfect!

Room Tip: I stayed in the Romance Room. It was sunny, bright and super comfortable; however, all of the rooms...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hamilton
Mountain Top Inn and Resort
#2 of 5 in Pine Mountain
Meriwether Country Inn
Meriwether Country Inn
#2 of 2 in Warm Springs

Been to Holly House of Hamilton? Share your experiences!