“great place to stay”

Best Western Augusta West
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Grovetown
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed June 11, 2014

My stay at this Best Western was outstanding anc could not have been better. I have stayed primarly at Best Westerns as I have done a lot of travel over the past several years. I have always found them to provide the highest quality of service..

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Best B, Owner at Best Western Augusta West, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2014

Thank you for your comments, and for staying with us! We thank you, on behalf of Best Western International, for your patronage of our hotels when you travel. We hope that when you next visit the Augusta area, that you will stay with us once again.

There are newer reviews for Best Western Augusta West

Reviewed May 10, 2014

The hotel from the outside looked nice. The staff was nice. It was in an area easily accessible and places to eat. I was assigned a "non-smoking" room on a "smoking" floor. When I questioned it, the clerk was able to change it for me. The coverlets on the beds were dirty. The bathroom spelled like mildew, think it was the bathroom shower. I think it would be okay if they did some "deep" cleaning at least once a week. Carpet dirty, bathroom had mildew and urine smell. Thank God, I travel with clorox wipes and airfreshener. Only there for (2) days so put up with it. Don't think I would stay again.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Lila G
Best B, Owner at Best Western Augusta West, responded to this reviewResponded May 12, 2014

We are sorry to learn you were disappointed with your guest room. We have a deep cleaning program in place, but we will revisit this guest room with extra attention. We hope that when you visit the Augusta area in the future, that you will give our hotel another try. Thank you for your comments.

Reviewed May 6, 2014

I called a number listed as Wingate hotel and it turned out to be Hotel Best Rate/Roadside America but the person I was talking with never id co name. I found out from email from IHSM.com that I had booked room through this service and even though we paid Best Western when we checked in, we were also being billed by these companies at a rate $40 higher than the rate they quoted on phone. Best Western voided the amount they charged us at check in of $82.97 after this booking co contacted them and scolded them for showing us what the actual rate should have been.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
Best B, Owner at Best Western Augusta West, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2014

Thank you for your comments. We hope your stay at our Best Western was to your satisfaction. Please contact us directly when your travels bring you to the Augusta area in the future.

Reviewed May 3, 2014

We were delighted to find this gem,as we visited Evans for a family wedding! Upon arriving,we found the room to be very clean and comfortable ,with a nice decor. The bathroom was spotless and spacious. We found the air conditioning unit a bit tricky to use. We couldn't figure out how to run the fan all night( good for the white noise) and have the Air conditioner keep the room cool. We recommend you figure all that out before retiring for the night ,so you are not fumbling in the dark to make adjustments! We were able to hear loud voices in the hallway late at night, but thankfully it didn't last long and it wasn't too disturbing.You might want to bring your own fan to drown out any unwanted noise. The beds were very comfortably firm and the linens fresh and crisp. In the morning,the toilet would not flush properly. Within minutes of reporting that,a nice gentleman arrived with a plunger and had it working promptly. We enjoyed the complimentary breakfast very much. It was delicious. They even had potatoes! You will not be disappointed with this hotel. I am extremely picky and a germ freak! If I can be pleased with the hotel,you will be satisfied too! All the flattering reviews of this hotel are absolutely correct. Don't hesitate to choose this Best Western!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Best B, Owner at Best Western Augusta West, responded to this reviewResponded May 5, 2014

We are delighted to read your comments! We appreciate the compliments and we are glad you enjoyed our hotel and your stay with us. We hope that you will stay with us when you next visit our area.

Reviewed April 27, 2014

There are others options in this area, but we like it here because of the great staff, nice rooms, and reasonable price. The rooms are very large and clean with newer linens. The bathroom was clean and modern. The lobby is small, but attractive, and the staff is outstanding. The only thing that needs improvement is the fitness center. Great location just off the interstate with many restaurant choices including a Cracker Barrel in walking distance.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Best B, Owner at Best Western Augusta West, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2014

Thank you for your comments, we will share them with our staff members. We appreciate your staying with us, and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed April 19, 2014

The staff acted very promptly to a Diabetic situation that I was experiencing at the time of our arrival. The owner and Shannon both took charge. Owner gave me orange juice and boiled egg. Also complimentary bag of Chips, water, Hershery's candy bar and hand full of hard candy. My husband and I live in Mableton, about an hour before our arrival, I noticed my Blood Glucose Sugar was dropping, I chose to wait till we arrived checked in and got settled.

But once we did arrive my Blood Glucose level was dropping again, I was in the process of checking us in, the owner and Shannon both took charge, I was asked by Shannon to have a seat and get comfortable and let she and my husband check us in. Meanwhile the owner was fixing me an orange juice and a hard boiled egg. Then as we were on our way to the room the owner stopped us and handed me a care bag.

This is what I call service, most people now days just think of the all mighty dollar, but not Ms. Kondur or Shannon. I really do hope that both of these ladies really realize just how much their fast thinking meant to me. Of course it was my own fault that I was in that position as it was my decision not to stop and eat a lot of junk, as I wanted something more substantial.

All in all our visit was very nice, this is one place that you can visit and know that you will be taken good care of. I highly recommend this Best Westen.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Best B, Owner at Best Western Augusta West, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2014

We were glad to be of assistance during your distress. We pride ourselves on our service and our southern hospitality. We appreciate your staying with us and we thank you for your kind comments. We hope you will choose to stay with us when your travels bring you to our area in the future.

Reviewed April 15, 2014

The motel is fine except during the week of the Master's, it charges Ritz Carlton rates. It was the most expensive motel I have ever stayed in. For a typical Best Western, it was very nice. At $100, it would be great.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Best B, Owner at Best Western Augusta West, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2014

Thank you for staying with us. Yes, our rates are higher during Masters week, as it is a very special event when our area welcomes visitors from all over the world. We hope you enjoyed your visit to the Augusta National Golf Course if you were in town for the practice rounds or tournament. Thanks for your comments.

Join us on FaceBook: Best Western Evans Hotel

Also consider these accommodations in or near Grovetown
Hyatt Place Augusta
Hyatt Place Augusta
#2 of 84 in Augusta
Comfort Inn & Suites Near Fort Gordon
Home2 Suites by Hilton Grovetown Augusta Area
Red Roof Inn & Suites Augusta West
Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Augusta-Washington Rd
Baymont Inn & Suites Augusta Riverwatch

Been to Best Western Augusta West? Share your experiences!