“Improvements needed”

Best Western Augusta West
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Grovetown
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed December 19, 2012

I have stayed here in the past and found the hotel pretty much clean and good service. I did tell the clerk at check out that the HVAC unit needed to be cleaned, I could see alot of dirt and a dead bug in the area of the air return. I also told her about the carpet being very dirty. She gave me a card for a free night but it expires 12/30/12 so I guess it was just her way to shut me up and get me out. Would rather had nothing than be given something like that.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
4  Thank FRANCES W
BWGrovetown, Owner at Best Western Augusta West, responded to this reviewResponded December 21, 2012

Thank you for the comments. Our management will contact you directly.

Reviewed December 14, 2012

This hotel is located close to the main gate of Ft. Gordon. It is very well mantained and all common areas are kept very clean. The rooms are clean, beds are comfortable and bathrooms are like new. The staff are very frendly and helpful.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
BWGrovetown, Owner at Best Western Augusta West, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2012

Thank you for your comments, we're glad you enjoyed your stay. We hope you'll select our Best Western Evans when you next visit our area.

Reviewed November 17, 2012

Very friendly staff, overall great stay! Conviently located 4 miles away from Fort Gordon, which was benefcial to me as I was visiting the base for the weekend. Very clean rooms, fully equipped with a mini fridge and a microwave. Front desk was very polite and curtious. Helped me find resturants in the nearby areas w/ delivery options as I arrived late the night of check in. They offer complimentary breakfast every morning, with a good selection of foods from cereal, to eggs/bacon/sasuage.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
BWGrovetown, Owner at Best Western Augusta West, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2012

Thank you for your comments. We're glad you enjoyed our location and our hospitality. Please stay with us when you next visit Fort Gordon.

Reviewed November 15, 2012

The hotel staff are very responsive, professional and helpful. The rooms are always very clean and supplied with all essentials. Having a safe, alarm clock, microwave and mini refrigerator makes my stay very comfortable.

• Stayed: November 2012

We're glad you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. We hope to see you in the future.

Reviewed August 15, 2012

For the average traveler this hotel would be fine, but for a slightly pickier traveler like myself it was good but not great. Overall good value with good service and clean rooms. The bathrooms are beautiful and of higher quality than the actual room. Not sure if this is a Best Western thing or just a thing with this particular property, but the bedding seemed old and worn (I prefer crisp sheets). The AC unit wouldn't switch to auto so the fan just kept running and there was also a clicking noise coming from the microwave/fridge area that I couldn't get rid of.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
BWGrovetown, General Manager at Best Western Augusta West, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2012

Thank you for staying with us, and we appreciate your comments. We’re glad you enjoyed our bathrooms; we apologize that the noise in the room affected your sleep. We’ll share your comment with our staff members. We hope when you visit our area again that you’ll stay with us at the Best Western Evans Hotel.

Reviewed July 29, 2012

I had to stay in Augusta, GA in the heat of the summer and was on a budget traveling with two boys -- one in a basketball tournament in nearby North Augusta, SC. I happily found this motel. The front desk staff was excellent when I checked in at 10 pm tired from a cross country flight with two children. Delicious chocolate cookies at the front desk. THANK YOU! I'LL TAKE THREE!
The motel was very quiet -- sometimes u can hear doors slamming. The pool was kinda small and really no shade so I would love an umbrella out there. The continental breakfast was a typical BW variety so my boys were happy with the waffles & sausage. The eggs were disgusting, however. UGH. Powdered eggs are just sick -- and "omelettes" with "cheese" in the middle. DOUBLE UGH. But hey, no big deal. I went to another Best Western a few miles away the next night and yes, it was closer to restaurants and the pool was a bit bigger but the room and breakfast were the same. I say save your money and stay at this one! Thank you Tamara at front desk -- such a sweetie.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
BWGrovetown, Owner at Best Western Augusta West, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2012

Thank you for staying with us, and we appreciate your comments. We’re glad you enjoyed our cookies; we apologize that you did not care for our liquid scrambled eggs and the egg omelet patties. We’ll share your comment with Tamara and our other staff members. We hope when you visit our area again that you’ll stay with us at the Best Western Evans Hotel.

Reviewed July 28, 2012

My husband and I live locally but needed a place to stay while doing repairs at our home. Best Western, Grovetown was exceptional! Superb personnel; clean; easily accessible to interstate and local restaurants, and very reasonable in price. 5 Star in our book!!!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
BWGrovetown, Owner at Best Western Augusta West, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2012

Thank you for your comments, and for staying with us. We hope that if you have the occasion in the future, that you’ll return to our Best Western Evans Hotel.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Grovetown
Baymont Inn & Suites Augusta Riverwatch
Quality Inn Fort Gordon
#41 of 86 in Augusta
Doubletree by Hilton Augusta
Jameson Inn - Augusta/Grovetown

Been to Best Western Augusta West? Share your experiences!