Baymont Inn & Suites Griffin
Country Inn
$85
ComfortInn
$49
Quality Inn & Suites(Griffin)(Great Value!)
$59
$64
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
All reviewsfront deskroom was cleanhot breakfastwaffle makerfitness centerexcellent staywould stay againatlanta motor speedwaybudget hotelgreat place to stayfree breakfastomeletpropertyamandaaccommodationsgeorgiamattresses
Reviewed May 8, 2009

We stayed here on our way to Orlando. It was a real bargain for 7500 Hilton Honors Points. Not designed like your typical Hampton, as it has exterior doors. If you have an aversion to stairs, be sure to request a first floor room. The staff was great and the hotel adequately cleaned. No complaints…

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 25, 2008

Upon checkin, I was greeted with a huge heart-warming smile. She helped us get the room we wanted and even suggested several places for dinner. We loved the room. The huge desk came in handy and the bed was very comfortable. When we came down for breakfast, the smiles overflowed. These girls were so pleasant. Even a bad day, they would have brightened. The breakfast was great. Lots to choose from. We hated to leave but look forward to staying there again in the fall. Thanks to everyone at Hampton Inn Griffin.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed September 2, 2007

Our family checked into the Hampton Inn in Griffin, GA on 31 August 2007. We entered the filthiest room I've seen. We peeled back the sheets and mattress pad and found bed bugs and a second type of insect. The sheets were spotted with bed bug excrement/blood, which is a sign that the sheets hadn't been changed since the last person was bitten in that bed, or more likely that there is a widespread problem in the hotel. Bed bug stains are very difficult to launder out, even with bleach. The sheets and mattress pad were also soiled with semen and pubic hairs.

We contacted the desk clerk and her response was just an unsincere "sorry." She didn't suggest that I contact management or customer service, take notes of my complaint, offer another room or to help find a room elsewhere, or offer compensation for our inconvenience.

The next morning I learned that another member of our large party checked in about 30 minutes after we checked out. Unbelievably, they were given the same room. Housekeeping had quickly changed the sheets, remade the bed, and cleaned up a bit. I realize that rooms were scarce in Griffin that evening but that is just wrong and stupid. Changing the sheets may temporarily cover the bed bugs but they are still in the mattress and elsewhere in the room.

I should mention that I was bitten repeatedly by bed bugs in May 2007 at the Hampton Inn in Marietta, GA. I am now very conscious of bed bugs and that is why I now check closely wherever I stay. Based on my 10 minute stay at this Hampton Inn, I say no, no, no!

• Stayed: August 2007
    • Check in / front desk
3  Thank RoadWarrior2K
Reviewed July 12, 2006

Stayed here while traveling to Florida. I used Hilton Honors points for the stay. It is about 12 miles or so off I-75 so it's not too far out of the way and it was definitely worth the 7500 points (which was a bargain because most Hamptons start at 20,000 points for a stay).

The first thing that struck us was the architecture. This is not your typical 3 or 4 story stucco box like most Hamptons. This is a 1950-1960 era motel with two stories where the rooms open to the outside. Don't let this discourage you though. The hotel has been completely renovated. The lobby looked sparkling new and had the Hampton Inn styling. Of course, as with all Hamptons it also had a breakfast area.

The desk clerk was VERY attentive and friendly. I asked for an upper room and got one. The rooms looked almost brand new as well. The beds were firm pillowtop full size mattresses and quite comfortable. The room had cable and internet access as well. The air conditioner was under the window facing out near the door as all those older motels used to have but it too was newer and the best thing was that the controls had been removed and replaced with a wall thermostat. Bathroom was clean and the shower was very nice with a multi-spray shower head and plenty of water pressure.

The pool area looked brand new, not sure if they added this or just refurbished an old pool but it was nice. I think the deeper end was 5 ft.

Griffin, GA is big enough to have plenty of restaurant choices as well as some shopping and movie theatres. It's just south of the Atlanta Motor Speedway and would be an excellent choice for race fans.

I used MapQuest to get directions from our home to the motel and it was not 100% accurate. It brought me down route 19 from just south of Atlanta past the speedway and told me to turn left but the motel was on the right side of the highway. Interestingly, across the road was a Holiday Inn Express and they had multiple buildings. The building that MapQuest would have taken me to was in the traditional Hampton Inn style of a 3 or 4 story stucco building. I theorized that it was originally a Hampton and that Holiday Inn bought it to expand at which point Hampton bought the older hotel across the road and completely remodeled it. I asked the desk clerk about that when I checked out but she did not know. She had recently moved to the area and was not familiar with it's history. I would love to know if my theory is right, so if you read this and stay here please write a review and let me know.

I would definitely recommend this motel and would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: July 2006