“Employees talk about the guest”

Baymont Inn & Suites Griffin
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Griffin
Reviewed September 5, 2012

I have been traveling for over 30 years. I have sent the last 7 years travel for business. I had to come and stay at this hotel because of my work. I arrived in from work early and was in my room, I was taken by surprise to hear the owner I guess and two other employee talking about several different guest. I understand that this property is not a four star but I still feel we should have that much respect since we are paying to stay there!!!! I will NEVER come back here again!!! To seal the deal when I went to check out two of the employees was out front in uniform smoking!!!! Thanks for this stay Hampton Inn!!!!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Lynn Marie S

Reviewed June 5, 2012

Very nice roomy accesible room with very helpful staff including a wonderful breakfast lady.

Room Tip: 108 is a good accesible room
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed May 16, 2012

I just wanted to compliment the front desk staff at this Hampton Inn. There is a wonderful front desk woman named Debbie that has helped me to get better rates at her hotel and another Hampton Inn. But more than that she has always greeted her guests with a smile and has gone out of her way without making a big deal out of it. I can't say enough good things about Debbie. Also the other front desk employees that I have come across were helpful in assisting me in getting things working in their business center, etc... As a sidenote--management needs faster computers/internet in their business center. But overall the stay here has been a positive one--rooms are clean---and I haven't had a problem.
Thanks
Michael from Orlando

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed April 28, 2012

I heard a noise outside at 1:15 in the morning that awoke my whole family. I said surely that is not what I think it is. The beeper that signals reverse was going off on a large truck and then I heard the dumpster shaking. The hotels trash was being picked up at 1:15 in the morning by the vendor they hired and right outside of my room. Pretty much ruined a night of sleep. When I went to check out I complained about the time of the night the trash was picked up. The clerk really could have cared less. There is no excuse for any hotel letting a trash truck wake up their guest in the middle of the night.

Room Tip: I chose a room around back so I would not be on the highway side. Unfortunately the dumpster is on t...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank 1bidbob
Reviewed April 23, 2012

While in Georgia for family business I stayed at the Hampton Inn in Griffin, Georgia. The Hampton is an exterior entrance business there, but I felt very comfortable and found the room to be clean and comfortable with all the amenities I expect from a Hampton Inn. The staff is courteous and helpful. The breakfast provided was very nice and I found the breakfast area to be comfortable and cozy. I always enjoy staying at Hampton Inns and this was yet another satisfying and repeatable stay for me. I will be back.

Room Tip: From my experience I recommend only that you choose this Hampton Inn while in Griffin. You won'...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 13, 2012

This Hampton property is one of only a handful, according to the front desk clerk, that's set up like a motel with the doors opening directly outside. Most of them are in Georgia and I just happened to find one. It's definitely different from what you usually find at a Hampton, with the rooms a tad smaller than usual, etc, but at least the beds are the same high quality.

I checked in here after getting word the Holiday Inn Express across the street where I was originally booked was not up to par. Yes, you might have a few bugs slip into your room, yes the parking spaces are a bit tight and yes the fitness center is probably one of the worst I have ever seen, but from what I'm told in 2-3 years a new Hampton Inn will be built somewhere in town. Just have to grin and bear it I suppose. My entire two week stay was quiet and uneventful. The internet connection was fairly fast, the rooms have a refrigerator and microwave, but the television channels on the 32 inch flat screen are limited. After all the hotel access/preview channels, I believe there are about 24 in all.

Despite the doors opening up to the outside on this two story building, you can still walk to the front desk without getting wet if it were raining. The front desk area is only accessible via the main sliding doors where you'll find the check in desk and breakfast area. There aren't many tables available due to the small lobby, but there weren't a whole lot of people staying here either. Coffee is available 24/7 as are cookies in the evenings. Breakfast food quality is on par with other Hamptons.....good.

The 4 lane highway out front is busy and turning left to go north can be especially challenging, but overall it's relatively quiet here. Plenty of singing birds in the nearby trees to add to the ambiance. All in all I'd give this location a 3 out of 5 and that's simply due to the age of the building. Virtually all other aspects are up to your everyday Hampton standards.

Room Tip: A room facing the outdoor pool will keep you better insulated from road noise. Due to the outdoor l...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed March 24, 2012

I stayed at this hotel just for a one night get-a-way. Everything was very good. Very friendly stay when I checked in. Quiet so I could really rest. Bed was very comfortable. I have not stayed at this hotel in years but I will be back. My only concern is that there are not smoke detectors or fire alarm/systems in the rooms.

Room Tip: This hotel is right on US 19/41 and it is very well traveled. My room was on the back side so I did...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Griffin
Comfort Inn & Suites
#1 of 10 in Locust Grove
Tru by Hilton McDonough
Tru by Hilton McDonough
#6 of 23 in McDonough

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Griffin? Share your experiences!