“Great stay at a great price”

Baymont Inn & Suites Griffin
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Griffin
Hazard
“Great stay at a great price”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2012

While in Georgia for family business I stayed at the Hampton Inn in Griffin, Georgia. The Hampton is an exterior entrance business there, but I felt very comfortable and found the room to be clean and comfortable with all the amenities I expect from a Hampton Inn. The staff is courteous and helpful. The breakfast provided was very nice and I found the breakfast area to be comfortable and cozy. I always enjoy staying at Hampton Inns and this was yet another satisfying and repeatable stay for me. I will be back.

Room Tip: From my experience I recommend only that you choose this Hampton Inn while in Griffin. You won'...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Lake City, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2012

This Hampton property is one of only a handful, according to the front desk clerk, that's set up like a motel with the doors opening directly outside. Most of them are in Georgia and I just happened to find one. It's definitely different from what you usually find at a Hampton, with the rooms a tad smaller than usual, etc, but at least the beds are the same high quality.

I checked in here after getting word the Holiday Inn Express across the street where I was originally booked was not up to par. Yes, you might have a few bugs slip into your room, yes the parking spaces are a bit tight and yes the fitness center is probably one of the worst I have ever seen, but from what I'm told in 2-3 years a new Hampton Inn will be built somewhere in town. Just have to grin and bear it I suppose. My entire two week stay was quiet and uneventful. The internet connection was fairly fast, the rooms have a refrigerator and microwave, but the television channels on the 32 inch flat screen are limited. After all the hotel access/preview channels, I believe there are about 24 in all.

Despite the doors opening up to the outside on this two story building, you can still walk to the front desk without getting wet if it were raining. The front desk area is only accessible via the main sliding doors where you'll find the check in desk and breakfast area. There aren't many tables available due to the small lobby, but there weren't a whole lot of people staying here either. Coffee is available 24/7 as are cookies in the evenings. Breakfast food quality is on par with other Hamptons.....good.

The 4 lane highway out front is busy and turning left to go north can be especially challenging, but overall it's relatively quiet here. Plenty of singing birds in the nearby trees to add to the ambiance. All in all I'd give this location a 3 out of 5 and that's simply due to the age of the building. Virtually all other aspects are up to your everyday Hampton standards.

Room Tip: A room facing the outdoor pool will keep you better insulated from road noise. Due to the outdoor l...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Hampton, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2012

I stayed at this hotel just for a one night get-a-way. Everything was very good. Very friendly stay when I checked in. Quiet so I could really rest. Bed was very comfortable. I have not stayed at this hotel in years but I will be back. My only concern is that there are not smoke detectors or fire alarm/systems in the rooms.

Room Tip: This hotel is right on US 19/41 and it is very well traveled. My room was on the back side so I did...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Howell, Michigan
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2012

Which was $0. I cashed in some Hilton points to stay one night for free at this motel. We were driving to Florida and needed a night to crash along the way. Even though it carries the Hilton name, it seemed that Hilton acquired this motel from another company and gave it the Hilton name. The lobby is separate from the rooms and the rooms have direct exterior doors (which I hate). The motel is on a highway down the street from a variety of motels, eateries, and car dealerships. The room itself was adequate but small with a tiny bathroom. My room did not look as nice as the picutures posted here. The beds were ok but I woke up with a sore back. The internet is free wireless and my son said it worked ok. The morning breakfast consisted of juices, fruit, breads, pastries, waffles, microwaved bacon and some type of microwaved mini-bagel, egg, and cheese concoction.

The motel is about 20 miles off I-75. Based on the location, the room and the overall hotel itself, I would not stay here again. It's worth the price I paid for ($0) but next time, I'll use more points to stay in a nicer hotel closer to the interstate.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Bloomington, IL
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2011

As noted on the HIlton website, this is an older Hampton, with outside doors. The front desk personnel were very helpful, especially when we were confronted with a smoky non-smoking room. The front desk was great, but the hotel is just old, worn-out and in need of a wrecking ball, or a different chain name attached. I am surprised that Hilton allows the hotel to continue on with the Hampton flag. We spent the night here as it was only 7500 Hilton Honors points, and it worked for an overnight stay. Breakfast was ok, albeit a very small cramped area. I am glad I used points and didn't spend my own money to stay here. Next time I would probably drive onto the next place. Nothing in particular I can talk about; it's just worn out and needs to downgrade to a different chain.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Illiniwek66
Marietta GA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2011

This is the forth time we have stayed at this property. It is very convenient when we attend an event at Atlanta Motor Speedway which is about 8 miles away. The staff is very helpful and friendly. The room was comfortable and fairly quiet. Morning breakfast is very nice. There are several restaurants very close for other dining options. There is also plenty of convenient free parking.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2011

I am a Hilton diamond member that stays in Hampton inn's and various Hilton brand hotels weekly. My fiance and I were on an 18 day roadtrip across the country and all the other hotels we stayed at were very nice. We arrived at this property in the evening and were greeted by the largest spider I've ever seen outside of an aquarium setting. It was huge!! I killed it and assured my scared fiance it was fine, it probably came in as we loaded luggage into the room. Soon after we had a moth and a few flies in the room. I had to block the vent in the bathroom because a sewage smell was coming from it. We went to dinner, and came back to the room. A few more flies and a cockroach running across the ceiling was the last straw. We quickly left the room and had to drive into Atlanta where we stayed at Hilton Atlanta downtown and that is where you should spend your money and time. Do NOT stay at the Hampton inn griffin because you will regret it.

• Stayed July 2011
3 Thank PaulnSaraAdventures
Also consider these accommodations in or near Griffin
Comfort Inn & Suites
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, McDonough
Days Inn & Suites Peachtree City
Days Inn & Suites Peachtree City
#5 of 7 in Peachtree City

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Griffin? Share your experiences!