“Customer Relations not a priority”

Country Inn & Suites Griffin
Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Griffin
Reviewed January 2, 2014

Jodi was who checked us in. She was rude. She was texting upon arrival and we felt as if we had interrupted her from texting. We came in on Christmas day and stayed the weekend. There was one or two cars in the parking lot. She would not upgrade us when we requested since we were priority club members. She told us that we booked third party and that we already got a low rate.

She put us in a handicap room. We are not handicap. Our faucet leaked in our room making a sound all night. The door would not lock (we found out the next morning just by chance of checking to make sure our door was secure. Notified Jodi and she kept trying to call the off site maintenance man. We just wanted to change rooms. She said she could not do it because we had booked through a third party.

When I called Guest Relations she put us in another room...a smaller one and cut us off quick when we asked to have two keys after guest relations called her. The new room we had to pull up on the door handle to open the door.. and the door looked like it was not level. I bet a good robber could have pryed into our room.

The hotel over all is going down hill with patch work here and there to save money. The pool they advertise as the only indoor pool around.... it has slim around the tile... broken tiles... one jet working in the hot tub... wallpaper coming free from the wall... dead insects on the floor... handicap lift broken and rusted... exposed electrical plugs coming free from the inner wall. The hot tub concrete floor is a brownish color. Look at the pictures to see what I am talking about.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
hiegriffin, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Griffin, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2014

Dear Accordkyd,

Thank you for providing feedback of your stay experience with Holiday Inn Express - Griffin, GA. I am sorry that you were not pleased with our service. We value all feedback and utilize to coach our staff as well as utilize to improve on our deficiency. I have review your feedback and have addressed with appropriate dept. Once again, my apology. Hope to see you next time you are in town.

Thank you.

There are newer reviews for Country Inn & Suites Griffin

Reviewed November 5, 2013

Due to family what was supposed to be a two night stay turned into a two week stay. Seems to me that would be long enough to experience the good and the bad, well I'm still waiting on the bad. From the GM to the housekeepers each one took the time to greet me by name. Housekeeping went out of their way to work around our irregular sleep schedule with exemplary service. The truly exceptional "front desk ladies" recommended everything from restaurant's (good local off the map) to directions, all the while accommodating my daily decision to stay another day or go home. Mr. Gahndi (the general manager) even assisted me in signing up for the rewards program which really paid off. No request went unanswered. The indoor pool and exercise facilities were clean and easily accessible. The Wi-Fi was super fast and the breakfast was very good especially when Yolanda cooked. I would "Defiantly Recommend" this hotel.

Room Tip: due to local highway construction choose a room away from front.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
hiegriffin, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Griffin, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2013

Dear Bobby T,

Thank you for providing feedback of your stay with Holiday Inn Express - Griffin, GA. Thank you for appraising our staff service. Applicative feedback like yours motivate our staff to do what they best. I will share your comments with staff and ownership. Once again, thank you for your time.

Reviewed November 5, 2013

1. It's a Holiday Inn Express, so don't expect a life-changing experience.
2. Come prepared for an okay bed, a reasonably clean but not spotless room (no bugs - saying something for Georgia! - but been a while since mirrors were more than lick & a swipe polished).
3. Service and staff friendly and competent. Stayed here twice (in February and this trip in November) – no issues either time.
4. Breakfast buffet adequate - staff kept up with demand for cinnamon buns, sausage gravy, and coffee (the latter item being the only one I really cared about. Is Griffin the last place on the planet without a Starbucks?)

Did it meet expectations? Yep. Was it my dream hotel? Nope. Would I stay here again? Sure. In short - it was alright, but I'm not telling my friends that they MUST experience the most fabulous hotel EVER! Hey - it's a HIE - what more do you expect?

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family

Dear CJackson27,

Thank you for providing feedback via Trip advisor of your recent stay with Holiday Inn Express- Griffin, GA. We value all feedbacks and will utilize for possible improvements for our future guest. We thank you for appraising our staff and service. If your travel plan call for Griffin, GA., please come visit us. Once again thank you for your time.

Reviewed September 30, 2013

I stay in a lot of hotels around the state of Georgia for business. I chose this hotel becuase of the brand however it does not live up to what I have come to expect from Holiday Inn Express. it may have actually been a better stay if the staff were remotely nice. I arrived at 2;39 and was rudely told check wasnt until 300 which was fine but she didnt have to be so ugly.I will not be staying at this location again. I stayed in 9/3/2013

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
hiegriffin, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Griffin, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2013

Dear Shellone65,

Thank you for providing feedback of your stay with Holiday Inn Express - Griffin, GA. I have reviewed your comments. I am sorry that you were not welcome in pleasant manner. I have made note and have taken appropriate action. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.

Once again my apology. Hope to see you soon.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

When we arrived at the Holiday Inn Express the check in was fast and smooth. The lobby is fine and the breakfast area looked bright and clean. Upon arriving to our room the first thing we noticed was from the doorknob down there was about a 2 inch gap. The door was warped and didn't close properly. I wanted to use the safe but it was already locked. Maintenance came and tried to open it then said sorry I can't open it. So it was unable to be used. The clock was unplugged. I reached behind to plug it in and noticed it has been a long time since anything back there was cleaned. The bathroom had a new countertop but everything else is ancient. The bathroom ceiling was covered in a black stain which I hope isn't mold. More of the black stain was around one of the ceiling lights in the bedroom. We left the room the next morning and returned late afternoon to find our room untouched. No clean towels and beds hadn't been made. Going into the bathroom I noticed the flourescent light was almost out. I called the front desk to ask about Housekeeping and report the light. The maintenance man came again and said I can't fix it, the whole unit needs to be replaced. So we went the remainder of the weekend with what amounted to a very dim night light in the bathroom. Because it was the weekend of the NASCAR race in Atlanta we paid probably double or more what the room rate usually is. We expected this. But if hotels are going to charge these prices they could at least have a clean room and make sure everything is in working order. I will never book a room here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
hiegriffin, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Griffin, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2013

Dear Tobby Taylor_11,

Thank you so much for your candid review of our hotel. I am sorry we were not able to exceed or at least be at par with your expectation. I have taken note of your comments about the room and this will certainly be looked into. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.

Reviewed July 7, 2013

This is an older smaller hotel. There wasn't much in town as far as a newer or nicer hotel. It was clean and the service was good. They did have an indoor pool and hottub which was nice. What we struggled most with was that the beds were very hard, therefore we did not get a goodnights rest. The showerhead and shower worked well. Cell phone service in the whole city was bad not just the hotel. The lady that helped with breakfast was exeptionally friendly, but we didn't catch her name. This was not what I would normally expect of a bigger city or newer hotel, but overall it worked and was compairable to the rest of the city.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
hiegriffin, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Griffin, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2013

Dear Coolestnurse

Thank you for providing feedback of your stay experience with Holiday Inn Express - griffin, GA. My apology for you to not having good night sleep. I have forwarded your feedback to ownership for their review. I am confident that ownership will review for possible improvements.

Once again thank you for your time. Hope to see you during your next visit.

Reviewed July 4, 2013

Waited 15 minutes while checking in behind two couples who wanted to pay for their rooms with cash (it was around 9 in the evening). Room was clean, and breakfast adequate. This was a short overnight stay, perhaps the charms of the hotel would be more apparent had I not just completed an 850 mile drive that day.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
hiegriffin, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Griffin, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2013

Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for providing feedback of your stay experience with Holiday Inn Express - griffin, GA. My apology for you to have wait during check in time. We have made note of your feedback and will assure you that problem will be addressed before your next visit with us.

Once again thank you for your time. Hope to see you during your next visit.

Sanjay Gandhi

Also consider these accommodations in or near Griffin
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Suites
Comfort Suites
#2 of 9 in Locust Grove
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, McDonough

Been to Country Inn & Suites Griffin? Share your experiences!