“Good Value for a limited stay”

Country Inn & Suites Griffin
Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Griffin
Reviewed February 14, 2008

During a trip to Griffin this month, we booked two rooms, and found both of them clean and well maintained. The beds were firm and very comfortable. They were definitely in good condition. The layout of the room could have been better, as the TV could not be viewed from the far side of the bed. Additionally, the TV's should be upgraded to a more modern flat screen, as well as needing a better level of picture clarity. The breakfast was average at best and also needs an upgrade.

Service staff was friendly and courteous, and also appeared to be well organized. The other negative was that the hot tub was undergoing renovation, however the pool and sauna were clean and well maintained.

All in all, it was a good experience, and definitely a good value.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled with family

Reviewed July 10, 2007

This place is terrible, No customer service, Front desk staff is worst. Bath room was nasty, business center has blurry screen, rooms are not maintain, wires everywhere, room 114 has base of carpet coming apart. No shower cap, No fresh fruits, Breakfast bar is not to the level of Holiday inn express. All employees took up most of the seating space and were inconsiderate of guest and loud enough with bad language. Only people were good and had smile was an Indian couple who were picking up laundry. Had to wait 15 minutes to check out. Desk clerk in Am was too busy making reservations with some church group.

Pool was clean but small pool looked green and had black mildew on sides and corners.

No one asked me if My room was ok/???
this place should not be Holiday inn express

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with family
Reviewed January 26, 2007

I was on a business trip to Griffin and had the most terrible hotel stay ever. When we arrived, I did not know that they have given my room away and was shocked when I went into my room. They have given me a smoking room. Because it was late (around mid-night), I decided to just stay there and hope that I will get used to the smoky room. I didn't sleep much because it really irriated my lungs and I was coughing a lot the whole night.
The next morning, I went to the front desk and asked for to change to a non-smoking room. The front desk lady was rude to me and told coldly me that she cannot guarantee that she can find another room for me because all the hotel rooms has been booked. Somehow, she has accidentially gave away my room last night but instead of apologising, she told me that she couldn't help me much. My colleague and I were supposed to stay for 3 nights and I don't think I can handle another sleepless night.
My colleage called Hampton which is just across the street and they have 2 non-smoking rooms which we can move in immediately.
When the lady at the front desk realized that we are going to check out early, she quickly promised that she will find me another non-smoking room tonight.
When I came back that night to inquire about my new (non-smoking) room, the front desk staff has no idea what I was talking about. Apparently, the lady I spoke to was at first shift and now I am talking to the 2nd shift personnel. She was also very rude and told me that she has no idea what has been promised to me and it is impossible to find me another room because there is no available room. She suggested that I should check out if I want a non-smoking room. Finally, the manager came to talk to me and found there was an envelope stick to the front counter with my name on it. Somehow, the first shift did not communicate with the 2nd shift. So, I finally did get a non-smoking room.

However, when I came back from my trip, the hotel printed me a wrong receipt which did not correspond to the credit card amount they charged me. I called their 1800 number which they told me to call their accounting. I called their accounting people which they told me to call directly to the Griffin hotel that I stayed with. And of course, the hotel staff told me that they have no idea what I am talking about and want me to call their accounting. Now, I am stuck with this receipt and credit card with a difference of $21.00 that I cannot reconciled.

It is indeed the worst hotel that I have ever stayed. Please do not go there ever.

• Stayed: January 2007, traveled on business
2  Thank chonglh
Reviewed January 16, 2007

Holiday Inn was a beautiful indoor hotel. Saw Hampton Inn on my search for a hotel, but it was exterior corridor. They have a wonderful indoor pool that my kids just didn't want to leave, I soaked in the adjacent hottub and wanted to try the suana, but didn't get a chance. Apparently they went through a management change and the new manager met me at the front desk at check in. He welcomed us to Griffin, that was a real nice touch. Our room was clean and spacious and the breakfast was really good for a continental, they did have a couple hot items. My kids loved the cinnamon rolls! They had a wedding reception going on in the banquet area, but we didn't hear any noise once we got to our room.

Definitely stay here if you need to be in Griffin or close to Atlanta.

• Stayed: January 2007, traveled with family
Reviewed December 19, 2006

I always normally stay here when I travel and i just want to say that I think it is truly the BEST hotel in the area.
It is centrally located, close to great restaurants, and the staff is super. I had to extend my stay- no problem, extra towels- always right there!
The beds are comfy, and they even offer firm and soft pillows- they are labeled! I never had the breakfast but it looked like a BIG spread.
The business center was my only gripe. The internet was not functioning and I Purposely did not bring my laptop because I knew about the business center.
All in all a great stay- even comes with an indoor pool and fitness center- both small but wonderful!

• Stayed: December 2006, traveled on business
Reviewed November 15, 2006

We spent four days at the hotel while attending a conference. It was quiet, clean, friendly, and convenient to most restaurants. Most of the newer shopping areas are within a mile. Griffin is a bustling town with several new eateries being built close by so there is no long look for food. The breakfast offered is good; room is spacious and clean. All rooms enter from inside. Parking is very easy. We travel a lot and we will go back to this hotel for a long stay in January. This side note: while in Griffin you have got to go to the Sock Shoppe downtown; incredible buys on all types of clothes. Eat at J.Henry's for a great meal or try Manhattan's for steak....and it is nearly across the street. We have stayed at a lot of H.I. Express Hotels and this is a good one. oh yea, this is the only Express in town; the other one showing up on searches is the old location which has been sold to another chain. I'll be back!

• Stayed: November 2006, traveled on business
Reviewed March 27, 2006

The room I was in had parts falling off the furniture. It was far from what I had expected from a Holiday Inn.I will never stay there again.

• Stayed: February 2006, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Griffin
Comfort Inn & Suites
Best Western Mcdonough Inn & Suites
Comfort Suites
Comfort Suites
#2 of 10 in Locust Grove

Been to Country Inn & Suites Griffin? Share your experiences!