“Good Lunch”

Add it.
Margo's Restaurant
Ranked #19 of 110 Restaurants in Griffin
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Griffin, Georgia
“Good Lunch”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2014

Had a very nice lunch at Margo's. I had the special and it was very tasty. The owner and staff are very friendly but the décor needs some updating.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank eeritter

newnan
“Mixed bag”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

After driving by Margo's Mediterranean Cuisine Restaurant for 20+ years, we finally decided to stop in and try it. We love Italian food as well as Greek and Middle Eastern food, so..... First off, the place needs updating and maintenance. The ladies' room smelled bad, needs a thorough cleaning, and refurbishing! The restaurant interior is worn-out, though colorful and fun in a funky, old-world gypsy sort of way. The menu is definitely Mediterranean, as opposed to Italian. This is not an Italian restaurant. That being said, there are a lot of interesting selections. It being our first time, we got free homemade hummus and flatbread--both authentic and delicious. Hubby had a cannelloni/manicotti special. The manicotti (cheese stuffing)was fantastic, the cannelloni (meat stuffing) not so good, having WAY too much fennel in the stuffing. The red sauce was flavorful--more Greek than Italian, with a LOT of oregano. I had eggplant parmesan on noodles with red sauce. I LOVED it. The eggplant was fabulous, little or no breading, cooked tender and moist, really great. Again, the marinara sauce is highly flavored with oregano--way more than I and my Italian family would ever put in our sauce! But I enjoyed it very much anyway. The homemade house garlic rolls are good when warm--not enough garlic sauce though. The side salads were fine. Dressings were very good. The service was fine too. All in all, we were pleasantly surprised. Wished we had gone there years ago, when perhaps the food was just as good, but the restaurant would have been in better condition! So, that is why I give it a mixed review. The food was surprisingly good (though NOT Italian), but the premises are worn out and need a good cleaning, some repairs, and new paint! Go there at your own risk. The food is good, but maybe not good enough for the rundown kind of scary conditions! They do a lot of catering. That is probably a good thing--eating the food in a different environment would be a big improvement!

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank ggirlNewnan
Griffin, Georgia
“Cleanliness is lacking.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012

I know there are small critters that may be found in the kitchen area where food is prepared but when the roaches are waltzing around in the dining area then it's time for me to relocate. I don't care how friendly and great everyone is I can't handle roaches near me salivating for my food.

Visited June 2012
5 Thank Gedws49
Thomaston, Georgia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great little restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2012

This is our favorite place to go. The food is delicious and plentiful, and the staff is warm and inviting. The tirimisu is a must have!! It's the best I have found since being in Spain. The owner is very friendly and will have a full conversation with you if you engage with him so if you are looking for a quiet romantic evening you might want to let the waitress know when you come in. The pita and hummus were both on the house when they found out it was our first time in and were delicious. The rolls are best super fresh so if they aren't super light and fluffy ask for some right out of the oven....we had both at their insistence and they are much better super hot.

Great place.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank Dani M
Greater Atlanta area
“Food was good but...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2012

Weirdly, the food was good but it didn't make me want to come back.
Not sure if it's the sticky table or the dull utensils, glasses and utensils looked so dull that I wondered at first if they were actually clean...
The waitress was ok, neither nice or unpleasant, just ok
Overall we just didn't feel welcome I guess, almost like we were intruding, nothing wrong happened, just the "vibe" we got from it
and I agree it was quite expensive...

• Visited October 2011