“Don't Leave Your Stuff In The Room!” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Econo Lodge Inn & Suites

Econo Lodge Inn & Suites
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Griffin
West Melbourne, Florida
“Don't Leave Your Stuff In The Room!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2012

My friend and I were planning on spending a week in Atlanta. She had stayed here previously and told me it was safe enough. When we arrived the area seemed kind of creepy and the other hotel guests stared. Upon entering the room it seemed like it was okay. There were two queen sized beds, a nice enough small fridge, a microwave, and a table with two chairs. When I went into the bathroom I noticed it wasn't very clean and there was hair and dust on the floor. I also had a horrible time sleeping because the bed was hard as a rock and very uncomfortable. However, the worst part of all is the next night when we returned to the hotel my blanket that I had brought with me from home had been stolen. I tore apart the room looking for it and no luck. We reported it missing to the girl at the front desk, who was nice enough, and said she would try to get it back. Then the day after that my friend's hair supplies also disappeared. Fortunately it was our last night there and when we left we also reported the hair stuff missing. The lady at the front desk was very sorry and later on we finally got a call saying that my blanket had reappeared after they started questioning the maids so they shipped it back to me. Their story was that my blanket had gotten wrapped up in the other blankets when they took them off the bed, which would be believable if it weren't for the fact that there was a tiny blood stain on one of my sheets that was there every night so I already know they never changed the sheets. Moral of the story is unless you want the maids to steal your stuff DO NOT stay at this place!!!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Apollo R

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2012

This was a horrific experience. I booked this room for my mom and sister w/child. After the first night, housekeeping removed the comforters from the beds. When an inquiry was made as to why the comforters had been removed and NOT replaced a response of "we dont have any clean linen available" was given. There had been a total of 5 sheets placed on the bed to create a makeshift blanket, how crappy.
There was a baseball tournament so a lot of other hotels were booked. This is the only reason they continued to stay at the hotel. On top of everything my family returned to Michigan only to find out my neice and sister both have severe bed bugs. She has had to throw away and replace so many items its unbelievable.
PLEASE DONT WASTE YOUR TIME OR FINANCES ON THIS FACILITY

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with cheaprooms.com

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Travelers are raving about these Griffin hotels

Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2011

We really enjoyed our stay, the room was nice and clean. The staff was very helpful, we will go back

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
4 Thank mevans7120
Mississippi
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2011

This is the filthiest place I have ever stayed, and the hotel personnel refused to fixed anything. We had to have sheets changed the first night because there was hair in the bed. The bathroom floor was filthy; we reported that twice and not cleaned. Our room was infested with mosquitoes, leaky coffee pot, microwave did not work. I guess the bathtub was cleaned, but they left the hair on the side of the tub. It was horrible.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2010

We've stayed here numerous times for the past 4 yrs. 2 times a year. Felt very safe, everything you could want was in close distance. Front desk clerk was helpful. Checked in, went to our room, housekeeper was just mopping so we waited for her to finish. Room looked and smelled fresh. At 11pm, I pulled down the sheets and saw numerous hairs, on the sheet, as well as on the shower wall. I stripped the bed and took the bed linens to front desk and asked for clean ones. She apologized saying the housekeeper would not do that and acted like I was inconveniencing her to get new ones. So I made my own bed again. Our door did not close all the way, had to put our weight on it to lock. Bathroom floor was filthy and could tell where its only mopped in front of the toilet and not behind the door or toilet. Don't know if they changed owners but I won't stay here anymore when I come back to Griffin.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Florida Keys
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2010

On a Summer road trip with our two grandchildren, aged 9 & 10 we stayed at the Best Western Hotel in Griffin Ga. On arrival we were checked into a room that we discovered had not been made up from the previous day's occupants. To the management's credit we were quickly given another room.  Our room was an average two star size that had two queen beds, TV in a console with two drawers and a table with two chairs. The room also had a microwave oven and small refrigerator. On arrival we noticed a musty odor (there was no indication that anyone had been smoking in the room) which seemed to dissipate when the A/C got up to speed.
Reviews we had read led us to believe that this motel is especially clean. We did not find that to be the case. The exterior walkways are grungy and in need of a good steam cleaning. The dark green room carpet appears to be designed to hide the dirt. We would give this motel a "C" for cleanliness.
On the plus side, the pillow-top beds were very comfortable.
After a long day's travel, the kids were looking forward to a swim.  The pool was an average size for a small motel. Unfortunately there is no shade around the pool except for a couple of broken market umbrellas.
The free continental breakfast was the usual for a small motel - waffles, cereal, bread/muffins, fruit, orange juice and coffee.
In short, this motel deserved an average rating with a bonus for the comfortable beds.

• Stayed October 2010
Anchorage
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2010

I arrived twice. I got in about 9pm and stood in the lobby alone for a few minutes. Went and reopened the door (sounds an alarm). I then proceeded in a little further into the lobby. Behind me, in another room, sat the hotel clerk at dinner break I suppose . I was disappointed that I had to interupt her dinner to help me. The room is rather beaten. The room was cold and only one knob to control the heat/cooler (requires 2 knobs). So, was able to pull knob off one and use it for the other adjustments. The TV didn't work. I decided to attempt getting it back in service rather than going back to the lobby desk.
The TV was both unplugged and cable not connected. The TV cabinet was sitting on wires and had to move things around to get it all connected. Worked after that procedure. Wiring to Heater is not up to code. If I didn't need the heat, I would turn it off. Wiring is covered patially, then the normal, black and white wires are exposed. bTW, I am not an electrican but instantly used that little skill set I have. Kleenex Holder works, just don't pull a kleenex out or you pull the whole thing out of the wall. I am staying in town all week, this being my first night. My bags are ready to go for a new place in the morning. Room is fairly clean otherwise and has microwave, frig and coffee. Just scarry on maintenance end.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled solo
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Griffin
Baymont Inn & Suites Griffin
Baymont Inn & Suites Mcdonough
Days Inn & Suites Peachtree City
Days Inn & Suites Peachtree City
#4 of 7 in Peachtree City

Been to Econo Lodge Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!