“A wonderful experience”

Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Griffin
evansville, IN
“A wonderful experience”
Reviewed October 22, 2010

Newly remodeled into a Comfort Inn & Suites, this hotel is exemplary of the Choice Hotels chain. Beautiful inside and out, and the most friendly staff make this a highly desireable spot, just south of Atlanta. Easy access to hwys 19 & 41 and only 7 miles from the Atlanta Motor Speedway. We will return

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Westminster, Massachusetts
Reviewed October 19, 2010

On our vacation/honeymoon(that we were late taking some 26 years later) found wonderful reviews on the internet about your particular hotel. Our main reason for heading south was to visit my husbands family. The atmosphere & friendly staff that greeted us when checking in made us feel very welcome. When leaving for the day and returning that evening we were always greeted by a very friendly staff person.The staff person who greeted us in the evening ( i do believe her name was Maranda)was very polite and accomendating when ever we had any questions or concerns.We would definetly recommend your hotel to family & friends. We plan on returning to your hotel sometime next year.....Thank you to all the staff for being so wonderful

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Pensacola, Florida
Reviewed October 6, 2010

My husband and I have stayed in a lot of hotels recently as we travel for business. I just wanted to say that this was one of the nicest hotels we have stayed in with the friendliest staff. Everyone from the front desk, who continually greeted us each time we came in, to the house keeping staff. We loved the modern, updated rooms and especially the suite (that the manager upgraded us to). We truly felt welcomed and appreciated in this hotel! The rooms were also clean and you can't beat the rate! I will definitley recommend this hotel to anyone and hope to be in the Griffin area again to stay here.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Egypt
Reviewed August 28, 2010

Thanks for every one in this hotel that made it our second home to us ,by they nice warm feeling ,amazing beautiful front desk ladies " Prandy" and Amanda and wonderful manger

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
UK
Reviewed July 10, 2010

I have stayed a number of times in Griffin on business and normally at the Holiday inn next door . However the last two times I have stayed has been here .Previously the hotel was called the Iris and has now joined the Quality /Comfort brand . There has been no real change in the facilities or the standard since the brand change. The rates are so much better than holiday inn and unless you need a pool no real difference in the quality. Rooms are very spacious and an added benefit here is they have dedicated smokers rooms . I managed a suite at no additional charge for my last stay. Result....
Staff are friendly and most helpful to outsiders and european travellers .The hotel is a hotel rather than what I would consider a motel such as the hampton or howard johnson.
TV is a little limited but no different from regular found in other hotels .Breakfast is buffet and although not european standards adequate .
Beds are made every day and extremely big .Rooms are Air con'd , a little noisy but far quieter than other US hotel rooms of this standard .
The hotel has all the requirements for a travelling businessman /woman with hi speed internet ( non firewalled I add ) ,fridge , microwave and spacious cupboards. Decor is relaxed and reasonable and in good condition .
Bathroom has good pressure showers and a bath.
Hotel is situated within walking distance of some great restaurants ( up the hill ) and Walmart . ( not as close as Howard Johnson but not that much further ) .
Choice between Holiday Inn and this is a no brainer for me ....
I will update my entry on the Holiday inn .....

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
sepertine
Reviewed February 7, 2010

I was looking for a suite to have a sleepover for my daughter and a few friends. I had previously book Holiday Inn but they ended up trying to charge me more than what we originally agreed to. So, I saw this one next door and got the most pleasant surprise. The staff was not only friendly but very accommodating and helpful. I was able to have refreshments for my daughters party in the breakfast room and the suite we booked was very roomy and clean. The breakfast served the next morning was very tasty with a good variety of choices...beats Waffle House! Even though this hotel does not have a pool, their courtesy makes up for that in the long run. I have and will continue to recommend this hotel.

• Stayed November 2007, traveled with family
georgia
Reviewed January 24, 2010

I have stayed at nearly every motel in this general area. I was not excepting to stay here this night but had a migraine headache and could not travel any further this night. The lady behind the desk took me to the breakfast room and gave me some orange juice and let me sit awhile in the dark. Great customer service, rooms clean, housekeeping very friendly. Had a king size bed, very roomy, cable, has internet, weight room, continetal breakfast, you have to walk in building to get to your room, "YOU FEEL SAFER", They have an elevator if you have "limitations" and cannot use the stairs.I was very impressed, prices good will definetly return. I would recommend this place before any others in this area. GREAT, GREAT, GREAT!!

• Stayed January 2010, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Griffin
Baymont Inn & Suites Griffin
Country Inn & Suites Griffin
Econo Lodge Inn & Suites
Best Western Mcdonough Inn & Suites
Comfort Suites
Comfort Suites
#2 of 9 in Locust Grove
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, McDonough

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!