“I won't be back”

Fishtales Seafood Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 114 Restaurants in Griffin
Reviewed June 10, 2014

The service was great. Nice friendly staff. Service was fast as well. But I think the food was terrible and definitely not worth the cost. Surf and turf is horrible all vegetables were way to soggy and had the consistency of pudding . The shrimp was alright but way over breaded. The prime rib served was absolutely horrible the worst I think I've ever had. It's a shame the service so good but the chef so horrible.... Save your money go somewhere else

1  Thank Legionkutis

Reviewed February 10, 2014

My husband and I go almost every week. Love the peel and eat shrimp. shrimp is really big. My husband loves the raw oysters. Very reasonably priced.

1  Thank Julie B
Reviewed November 9, 2013

Getting fresh seafood inland is always a crap shoot...but this time we came up with a winner. Upon recommendation from a friend we went here tonight for dinner. The atmosphere here is pretty stark, but the food is the real star. I had a dozen oyster on the half shell...fresh from Florida and good. My wife and the small fried shrimp plate with "potato crisps"(sort of like thick kettle chips). I had the three piece catfish filet with slaw and new potatoes. My fish was lightly breaded and hot/juicy. My wife's shrimp had a different sort of breading in it...it looked heavy, but was very light when you bit into it...the shrimp were done just right. Come to find out that the owners go to Florida twice a week (Tuesday and Thursday) for fresh fish and make everything on the premises. They are from a family that has been running restaurants in the Griffin area for years. We are looking forward to returning and eating our way through the small but thorough menu.

1  Thank PamandPeter L
Reviewed October 13, 2013

My relatives took me here and liked it..guess I have different tastes. The crab poppers were good but they are an appetizer and were served with the entrees. I had overbreaded shrimp and my husband had fried oysters and liked them but only about 6 oysters. I would skip this one.

2  Thank MelloMary