“Old becomes New and Improved, But still needs some help”

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Griffin
Atlanta
“Old becomes New and Improved, But still needs some help”
Reviewed March 15, 2013

A little background on this hotel...

In the past years this hotel was a Motel 6 with horrible reviews. The hotel closed and was purchased and recently reopened as a Quality Inn and Suites (a Choice Hotel). The new owners have improved this hotel in leaps and bounds. Having said that, there are several things that still need work.

Check-in was a breeze. There was a young man and older gentleman that greeted me as I walked through the lobby doors. The young man recognized me as a platinum member and thanked me for returning to a Choice Hotel. Nice touch and was appreciated.

Let me hit the positives first. When I opened the door to the room it was practically BRAND NEW. The carpet was super clean, the sink counter was new marble. The furniture and bedding seemed to be new as well. It was obvious that housekeeping had down a thorough job of cleaning.

There are a few things that need attention. Although the website says that a refrigerator and microwave in each room...mine had neither. It would have been nice to have a channel guide or any type of welcoming materials. Normally all hotels have a notebook explaining the surrounding area and the eatery's close by. My room had no notebook, phone book or any other type of literature.

The microwave problem was quickly fixed with a phone call to the front desk. I had a cooler with me so I didn't request a refrigerator. The maintenance staff was great when he quickly brought the microwave. He seemed genuinely surprised that I had no appliances. (Perhaps my room had just not been completed yet?).

Upon checkout I had to ask for a receipt for my stay. The front desk staff could have been a little more cordial rather than just saying, "Your good" when I handed them the key cards.

All over, I would say I would stay here again. Over the next few months I'm sure the hotel will complete all of the rooms. When they do, and the front desk staff (at checkout) learns true customer service, the other local hotels will have some competition on their hands.

Also, just FYI they (the City of Griffin) emptied the dumpster at 130AM. That's not the hotels fault but be aware if you have a room in that area.

Room Tip: I stayed in room 218.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Tankga

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
douglasville,ga
Reviewed April 7, 2010

I happened to stay at daysinn before and i satyed last time at this property it was the bes tcustomer service

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank rogershawn
Also consider these accommodations in or near Griffin
Comfort Inn & Suites
Best Western Mcdonough Inn & Suites
Ramada Locust Grove
Ramada Locust Grove
#1 of 9 in Locust Grove

Been to Quality Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!